Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Just so there is no confusion to new-comers..."Field of Glory II" is a totally different game and has absolutely nothing to do with the old "Fields of Glory". The Field of Glory series is a flexible turn-based strategy game based on a desk-top miniatures system.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Raied

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 08:38:14 AM
Just so there is no confusion to new-comers..."Field of Glory II" is a totally different game and has absolutely nothing to do with the old "Fields of Glory". The Field of Glory series is a flexible turn-based strategy game based on a desk-top miniatures system.

Thats true, FOG 2 will be a continuation of P&S and SJ set up in Roman era, for me this is a good thing.

Micha

I must confess i made bad experience with pike and shoot. Even though i have playd in the lowest level i lost almost all games. I have practiced almost 2 years without sucess. Never had this problem with any other game. Have the fear FOG 2 will be the same hard nut.

jomni

Quote from: Micha on June 20, 2017, 02:49:53 AM
I must confess i made bad experience with pike and shoot. Even though i have playd in the lowest level i lost almost all games. I have practiced almost 2 years without sucess. Never had this problem with any other game. Have the fear FOG 2 will be the same hard nut.

Maybe need some advice on the rules and system.  Anything you need help on?

Micha

Thank you for the offer, had help from different players without sucess. But maybe the problem is on me, i"m a nativ Panzergeneral player and PS is a different thing. However, i dont touch this game anymore. In anyway, a stratgame without hexfields felt always a little strange to me.
But despite all i whish your sengoku game, PS and also Field of glory 2 sucess and a lot off copys to sell.

Micha

Quote from: Micha on June 20, 2017, 04:34:59 AM
Thank you for the offer, had help from different players without sucess. But maybe the problem is on me, i"m a nativ Panzergeneral player and PS is a different thing. However, i dont touch this game anymore. In anyway, a stratgame without hexfields felt always a little strange to me.

By the way, just an idea. In peoples general we had some designers which created very hard , almost unplayable campaigns. Thats why a programmer mad a tool to give all units at once easely more power to give beginners a chance to win this campaigns. Maybe its possible to create such a tool for PS. As i said, just an idea.

jomni

Quote from: Micha on June 20, 2017, 05:41:48 AM
Quote from: Micha on June 20, 2017, 04:34:59 AM

By the way, just an idea. In peoples general we had some designers which created very hard , almost unplayable campaigns. Thats why a programmer mad a tool to give all units at once easely more power to give beginners a chance to win this campaigns. Maybe its possible to create such a tool for PS. As i said, just an idea.

You can use the editor. :)

Micha

I know, but its always a lot of work and you must try many times to find the rigth ballance. Ok my friend the idea was only for other people not for me. Ok lets stop the discussion, my best whishes for your games.

Tpek

If only they'd finally put proper Hotseat and MP options, instead of being forced to use their silly PBEM system in an awkward way.

Raied

Quote from: Tpek on June 20, 2017, 11:35:28 AM
If only they'd finally put proper Hotseat and MP options, instead of being forced to use their silly PBEM system in an awkward way.

Hotseat is must for such a game, but for me I still need the PBEM system and I guess many would like it to be there as well, the time difference and little time to play make it difficult to play multiplayer in real time for long period, PBEM made me play a lot of multiplayer games without to be worried about those issues.

Yskonyn

Will this be DLC galore like the first title? I never jumped in cause I was late to the party and getting all the stuff turned out to be a much higher investment than what I was willing to pay.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 22, 2017, 03:49:10 AM
Will this be DLC galore like the first title? I never jumped in cause I was late to the party and getting all the stuff turned out to be a much higher investment than what I was willing to pay.

The AI wasn't all that challenging in the first one. 

Then the pricey DLC started landing...

I enjoyed the original FOG, despite complaints.  But the very costly DLCs broke my will to continue.

I'm sure this new version, using this more successful engine, will be more to my liking... and hopefully more affordable in the long run.

jomni

Even if you don't get the DLCs, the community might be able to add new armies and scenarios for free.
The engine is moddable compared to the original FoG Digital.

HoodedHorseJoe

Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Sir Slash

That looks 'Loin-Moistening' to me.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.