The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Lots of Square Enix goodness on sale at GOG for another 11 hours.

http://www.gog.com/promo/square_enix_weekend_promo_080213

Edit: Just picked up Startopia and Thief Gold to add to my GOG collection. Just couldn't resist. I am soooo weak.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Martok

Quote from: Greybriar on February 08, 2013, 10:58:09 AM
The only thing that surprises me is that you don't already own HoMM3, Martok.
I know!  When it comes to me and that game, it's almost the opposite of serendipity:  Whenever it's on sale somewhere, I'm broke.  When I have money, it's either not on sale or more often (and even worse in a way) I just don't think of it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

For the next 17 hours, GamersGate is offering an Age of Wonders Trilogy with Soundtrack Bundle for $9.98 U.S. If you haven't got this classic series yet, now would be a good time to pick it up.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

PanzersEast

IndieGala Colossus  is now Live:  http://indiegala.com

$5.76 gets you

• SUBVERSION CITY GENERATOR 
  • VOXEL DESTRUCTION 
  • 7.62MM 
  • TALISMAN PROLOGUE 
  • DARWINIA
  • MULTIWINIA 
  • DEFCON 
  • UPLINK 
  • HEARTS OF IRON III 
  • DEMIGOD

• (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK
  • (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK
  • (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK

PE

donkey_roxor

Quote from: PanzersEast on February 14, 2013, 08:55:19 AM

$5.76 gets you

• VOXEL DESTRUCTION 
  • 7.62MM 
  • TALISMAN PROLOGUE 
  • DARWINIA
  • MULTIWINIA 
  • DEFCON 
  • UPLINK 
  • HEARTS OF IRON III 
  • DEMIGOD

• (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK
  • (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK
  • (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK

PE

ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING WHO HAS TIME TO PLAY ALL THESE GAMES I DON'T MUSTN'T BUY ARGH!!

Tpek

Steam is now having a sale of games that can be played on Linux, in a celebration of its integration to that OS :)

steve58

All things Crusader Kings 2 are on sale at Steam (except The Republic, still $10).

p.s.  remember the Steam and Gamersgate versions are incompatible!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: PanzersEast on February 14, 2013, 08:55:19 AM

$5.76 gets you

• VOXEL DESTRUCTION 
  • 7.62MM 
  • TALISMAN PROLOGUE 
  • DARWINIA
  • MULTIWINIA 
  • DEFCON 
  • UPLINK 
  • HEARTS OF IRON III 
  • DEMIGOD

• (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK
  • (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK
  • (?) UNLOCKS 2ND WEEK

PE

Tempting.  Are these two

• VOXEL DESTRUCTION 

actually games or just some type of simulators?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2013, 01:11:01 PM
Steam is now having a sale of games that can be played on Linux, in a celebration of its integration to that OS :)

If I already own a Steam game do I get to install and play it on platforms other than the one I purchased it on? I was able to install LucasArts' 'The Dig' on my iMac as well as my PC, even though I only bought it once. Would this apply to Linux as well? One of the games on sale is Crusader Kings 2.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Huw the Poo

Any game marked as Steam Play means you pay once, play on whatever platforms are supported.  So, yes. :)

Staggerwing

Cool!

But I'm guessing only a small percentage of Steam games are 'Steam Play', right? I mean there has to some kind of downside...

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Huw the Poo

Well, yeah, there aren't too many yet.  But the number will grow.  There are actually quite a lot available for Mac now, and since Mac and Linux share a common ancestor kernel-wise I imagine the number of Linux games will explode.  There are already a lot more than when I last checked, barely a month ago.

eyebiter

http://www.groupees.com/bma

Groupees Be Mine Anniversary Bundle
Pay a Minimum of $1 and receive:
Eschalon Book II [steampowered.com] RRP $9.99 (Steam, PC & Mac)
iBomber Defense Pacific [steampowered.com] RRP $4.99 (Steam, PC, Mac & Linux)
Livalink [Desura] (Currently on Steam Greenlight)
Party of Sin [steampowered.com] RRP $14.99 (Steam, PC)

Pay at least $5 and in addition receive:
Men of War: Assault Squad [steampowered.com] RRP $29.99 (Steam, PC)
Two Worlds 2 [steampowered.com] RRP $29.99 (Steam, PC & Mac)
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes [steampowered.com] RRP $19.99 (Steam, PC & Mac)
Planets Under Attack [steampowered.com] RRP $14.99 (Steam, PC & Mac)
Mystery Game

In addition to the above games, there will be bonuses unlocked at specific sales levels, at least two of which will be Steam games. The first is said to be:
Major Mayhem [Desura] (Currently on Steam Greenlight)

Any games included that are on Greenlight will provide Steam keys should they succesfully make their way on to Steam.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5850876-Live-Groupees-Be-Mine-Anniversary-Bundle-125-of-Steam-games-for-5-or-30-for-1

*** Note: If you have any problems getting your keys email support@groupees.com

Staggerwing

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 14, 2013, 05:29:40 PM
Well, yeah, there aren't too many yet.  But the number will grow.  There are actually quite a lot available for Mac now, and since Mac and Linux share a common ancestor kernel-wise I imagine the number of Linux games will explode.  There are already a lot more than when I last checked, barely a month ago.

Yep, I ran a search and found about 170 odd items, 110 of which were games. I'm very curious as to what the hardware specs will be when Valve finally unveils the Steam Box.

Greybriar

If anyone has never played World of WarCraft, now would be a good time to start. Until February 25th, Blizzard is offering the WoW Battle Chest (which includes the base game, first two expansions, Brady Beginners Guide, and one month free game time) for $5; the Cataclysm expansion for $10; and the Mists of Pandaria expansion for $20.

All are available in either Physical Box Versions or as Digital Downloads for yourself or a friend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.