The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on February 01, 2013, 03:35:27 PM
I'd disagree with this assessment that the expansions were content that should have been in the base game.   The DW developer is a single individual so the expansion model he is using is practical and adds value to the game.  The bugs of the original were squashed for the most part through patches.  He still patches individual expansions so you don't have to buy every expansion.  And finally I agree he could have broke through to the Paradox strategic gaming crowd if he'd been able to offer a bundle at a reasonable price.  I don't mind at all that I paid full prices for the game and expansions as they came out.  It's worth that value to me, but to get more gamers to support future products the Dev needs to work with Slitherine to produce a bundle pack.

I missed this earlier.  I just want to make it clear that I never expect content to be added for free.  I am more than willing to pay for extra content.  What I won't pay for is patches.  As I said up-thread, it was Monty himself who informed me that the issues I had with the game were fixed in the expansions.  I refuse to support that business model.

Grim.Reaper

I know some folks were interested in euro trucking 2 in the past, on sale for $14 but then I think you can apply a 20% off coupon on top of that to get it for $12

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/simulation/euro-truck-simulator-2/

Staggerwing

Thanks for the tip!

Where do one obtain said coupon?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 17, 2013, 09:24:44 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Where do one obtain said coupon?

On the main page of green gaming

GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

Grim.Reaper

Even though euro trucker is usually not my type of game, I figured for $12 I would give it a go....downloading now.  Surprisingly the download is only 800MB.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

Edit: Wrong thread....
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Grim.Reaper

PanzersEast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 19, 2013, 05:54:10 PM
Unity of Command: Red Turn DLC only $4.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218100/

I thought about buying Unity of Command and this and placing them on my stack.... I have been hesitant to buy UoC.

PE

Grim.Reaper

for those who haven't taken the xcom plunge, hard to beat $16 with the code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

http://www.greenmangaming.com/#link2

Grim.Reaper

LongBlade

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 21, 2013, 05:15:24 AM
Pretty massive amazon sale, check out posts 1 and 2.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336109

Hitman I've been waiting to go on sale. This might be the time to bite.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 21, 2013, 05:15:24 AM
Pretty massive amazon sale, check out posts 1 and 2.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336109

AJE for $7.50...

Hearts of Iron 3: Their Finest Hour for $4.99
War of the Roses for $4.99  (also the two DLCs are 0.99 each)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

PanzersEast

Quote from: steve58 on February 21, 2013, 12:23:58 PM
AJE for $7.50...

Paid full price for it and was worth it, for sure worth it now!

PE

Grim.Reaper

Well, finally broke down and bought Ghost Recon Future Soldier for $9......can't beat that.