The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 11, 2013, 06:20:30 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on April 11, 2013, 05:27:35 AM
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-SHC/silent-hunter-complete-bundle

Silent Hunter complete for £6.75 wow

It says 'Tages' for DRM. Has anyone have any major issues with Tages?

It's Online Activation DRM with limited installs.   I had one game in which the Tages wouldn't activate and found a forum answer; had to manually download the latest version and install it.   ::)

Huw the Poo

Looks like Paradox games are going to be heavily discounted on Gamersgate over the weekend.

Again!

Gusington

Not a game sale but Amazon is having a big WH40K fest with markdowns on all books, with particular attention to newer titles.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tuna

Quote from: -budd- on April 11, 2013, 07:11:07 PM
Warlock Master of the arcane collection.....  http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-WLMAC/warlock-master-of-the-arcane-collection-bundle

Thanks.. lol.. got Amargeddon for 1500 blue coins and the purchase gave me 3800 blue coins for some stupid reason..so it cost me negative blue coins!.. I love GamersGate!

Bison

Hell Yeah!  The entire Silent Hunter series is 75% off this weekend.  http://www.gamersgate.com/silenthunter?aff=ggnews

Toonces

Gawd that is a lot of gaming for not much money.  I paid 60+ clams for the ultimate edition of SH4 when it first came out and I don't think I ever even played it because it was a crash monkey until it got patched.

I'm gonna buy up just so I don't have to deal with those pesky disks anymore.  Nice find!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

The new Indiefort Bundle from Gamersgate looks excellent:

AI Wars: Fleet Command
Sanctum
Zigfrak
Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader
Underrail
(Alpha)

Very tempting.  I already own AI Wars and Sanctum but I've been eyeing up Zigfrak for ages, and the other two look splendid too.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 15, 2013, 09:59:43 AM
The new Indiefort Bundle from Gamersgate looks excellent:

AI Wars: Fleet Command
Sanctum
Zigfrak
Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader
Underrail
(Alpha)

Very tempting.  I already own AI Wars and Sanctum but I've been eyeing up Zigfrak for ages, and the other two look splendid too.

AI Wars is a surprisingly good thinking game for an RTS.  Looks like just the base game, however?

I found the Zigfrak UI a bit confusing although it's quite functional and isn't missing much.  Perhaps it was due to the small text size.  I've not played it in awhile and there have been some updates, one of which included a recommended control scheme fix, so it's likely better than the last beta version I played.  The open-ended sandbox style is certainly a draw.

Underrail has been great, from what I've seen of the first couple hours' gameplay.  It's very much a modern Fallout 1/2 style isometric turn-based RPG.  I decided to wait until the developer gets the late game content filled out some more before diving in wholeheartedly.  I don't know whether the game is as open as Fallout 2 was but the game mechanics seem pretty solid.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I came very close to picking that up, stopped only by (1) my (weakening) resolution not to buy games until I've finished five, and (2) my impression that there's really only one good game in that whole batch, namely Stronghold Crusader.

I've played SH2 before, and it has... problems... although also a lot of potential, and I certainly love castle sims (since back in the days of Interplay's Castles), but if enough people plumped for SH3 I'd feel better about picking up the pack while it's 75% off.

On the other hand, all the games before SH3 are also on sale as a bundle for $4.95, and that could be easily worth SHCru alone!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!