The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

GetLoadedGo / GetGamesGo is having a 48-hour sale.  Pick two of the following for $24.  All Steam codes except where noted.

• Carrier Command: Gaea Mission (non-Steam)
  • Civilization V Gold Edition
  • DCS: P51 Mustang (non-Steam)
  • F1 2012
  • Hitman Absolution Professional Edition
  • LEGO The Lord Of The Rings
  • Serious Sam 3 + First & Second Encounter HD
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Sniper Elite V2: HCE
  • Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

More Gamergate deals today/this week:

Kingdoms of Amalur with (I suppose) all current DLC, only US$9, actually one dollar less than the discounted price of the latest DLC pack! Insane!

The first two Dead Space games, only $12 collected together, still listing for $20 separately.

All the recent Batman games (Lego & Arkham) plus DLC presumably (as the Arkham games are GOTY editions), $27 total. Or you can pick up spares at 50% to 70% off. $20 for both Arkham GOTY editions total; anyone with any interest in Batman at all has probably already played the games, but if you've been holding back, there isn't much reason to hold back much longer. (Unless you want to save another ten bucks later this year with the expected sales after Arkham:Origins releases.)

The D&D Master Collection is still up for $6.00. All the Balder's Gates, both Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Planesecape: basically all Bioware's D&D revival games (ToEE transitions toward the next stage, the Neverwinter Night engine, but turn-based more like the old Gold Box SSI games). I'm iffy about this myself since the Enhanced BG (with its expansion) has been released and is occasionally on sale, presumably to lead to Enhanced BG2 later (and the Dales). But I've also heard that the Enhanced BG has enough of its own problems that the games are basically on par with each other, so...

Incidentally, all the Neverwinter Night games and official expansions are also still on sale at $6.00 total.

Just Cause Collection, $10. Although really, the only part of the collection strictly necessary is JC2, at $7.48 separately. Very probably the best $7.48 you will have ever spent on a 3PS; utterly enormous gameworld, literally 20 miles by 20 miles square, crammed with terrain and things to do. Crazy things to do. Insane things to do. Batman with guns, for all practical purposes. The notoriously finicky game journalist Yahtzee Crenshaw (Zero Punctuation) picked this as game of the year for good reason. The same year as Red Dead Redemption (plus zombies), btw!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Satan breaks out the sleigh: MATRIX ANNOUNCES NEW WEEKLY SALE PLAN UP TO 60% OFF!!!

Up first this week, John Tiller's Civil War Battleground collection (all his Civil War games from that series), and Forge of Freedom, the kind-of-genius grand strategy Civil War game with an equally kind-of-genius random-terrain tactical battle system. (Made by the designers of the Napoleonic Crown of Glory game system.)

Download $20, box version (and download) $30, either title. FoF, despite its rather ugly strategy map and its hateful user interface (mostly strategic map), was and is well worth Matrix's full price: there literally isn't another game like it (except for CoG). Ageod's American Civil War is infinitely cleaner but doesn't do as much. I greatly recommend FoF for $20 if anyone has an interest in the genre but doesn't feel like they can drop the normal coin.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

ULTIMA1-9... WING COMMANDER 1- 4 and Privateer
ALPHA CENTAURI, SIM CITY 2000, POPULOUS, etc  all $2.39 a pop at GOG.

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_030513?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=ea_weekend_promo_030513

PanzersEast

GG has Far Cry 3 for $29.99.......

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FC3/far-cry-3

I have not picked it up yet, but I know many recommend it.

TC: Ghost Recon Future Solider Deluxe is $13 among others..

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=futuresoldierspecial

PE

steve58

Gamefly has a Firaxis Pack (CivV+XCOM) for $20 - 20% Coupon Code "GFDMAY20" = $16.   Steam codes...

Grim.Reaper

Borderlands 2 for only $9.99...can't beat that if you like that type of game.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BL2/borderlands-2

undercovergeek

Grim.Reaper

Although the above bundle is better if you don't own both of those games, if your looking for just xcom, GG has today for only $9.99.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-XCOMEU/xcom-enemy-unknown

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 05, 2013, 06:16:12 AM
Although the above bundle is better if you don't own both of those games, if your looking for just xcom, GG has today for only $9.99.

Its showing $15 for me???

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on May 05, 2013, 08:43:18 AM

That is funny...it was absolutely $9.99 earlier today, wonder if they made another early mistake:)  Was even reported on other sites.  That stinks if they did do that.

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 05, 2013, 08:50:29 AM
Quote from: steve58 on May 05, 2013, 08:43:18 AM

That is funny...it was absolutely $9.99 earlier today, wonder if they made another early mistake:)  Was even reported on other sites.  That stinks if they did do that.

Thats what they get for letting the interns run the show on the weekends  :P

For the next ~11 hrs, GG has Silent Hunter Complete for $9.99.  Caveat:  since SH I+II are missing I'd call it semi-complete, but theres still a lot of gaming for $10...

THIS BUNDLE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS
Silent Hunter III
Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific
Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions
Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition