The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Gog.com has a butt-ton of games on sale right now.  I know most of you probably get the same newsletter I get but just in case...

I'm eyeballing Gothic 3 and Panzer Elite.

http://www.gog.com/promo/nordic_games_weekend_promo_140613

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on June 15, 2013, 11:28:29 PM
Gog.com has a butt-ton of games on sale right now.  I know most of you probably get the same newsletter I get but just in case...

I'm eyeballing Gothic 3 and Panzer Elite.

http://www.gog.com/promo/nordic_games_weekend_promo_140613

PE, an oldie but goodie.....might have to splurge for that one too.

Staggerwing

IIRC Panzer Elite SE allows you to crew Italian tanks in the NA theater. It's graphics are a bit dated but not as badly as those in Panzer Commander which was also a pretty good tank game for it's time.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Not a sale but explaining one: Witcher 3 (supposedly concluding a trilogy with the main hero of the first two games) won a godawful number of awards at E3 including Best of Show this past week.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Dominions 3 is on sale at Gamersgate for $7.49 for the next ~18 hours...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

-budd-

So it begins.... GOG summer sale.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Martok

^  Oh boy.  Here we go... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

AI War collection on sale at Steam this week for $5.79; a good buy. (I thought Matrix was going to rescind all its distributed games though?? Better get it now while the getting is still good!) The new minor expansion Vengeance of the Machine is included, or available separately proportionately cheap.

Ditto the Alien Breed top-down twin-stick shooter game trilogy, $5.75 total.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

AI War isn't published by Matrix.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 18, 2013, 02:57:45 PM
AI War isn't published by Matrix.

Just an extra retail vendor, I suppose..

Hell.. despite having all the previous AI War titles before this latest DLC, I grabbed the whole pack again at that price.  8)

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Arctic Blast

Mark of the Ninja is $3.75 on Steam as a mid-week sale. Go get it. Now.

eyebiter

http://www.indiegala.com/

Latest bundle has Sword of the Stars I &II...

Creatures the Albian Years (DRM Free)
Pirates Of The Black Cove (Steam)
Survivor Squad (Desura)

Vessel (Steam)
Sword Of The Stars: Complete Collection (Steam)
AquaNox (Steam)
Chester (Desura)

A New Beggining - Final Cut  (Steam)
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam)
Star Ruler (Steam)
Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition  (Steam)

Kushan

Any opinions on Planesscape Torment?

Edit: I hate you GOG....So many games I want on sale
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play