The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Quote from: republic on July 07, 2013, 08:17:04 AM
Someone talk me down...I'm wanting to pull the trigger on Natural Selection 2 - $8.49,  Rising Storm - $9.99  and then 10% off with voucher.

They are great games, and it is a good deal...but I don't even have enough time to play all the Wargame:Airland and DCS that I want to play as it is...there's no WAY I could play anything else.

Don't do it... those games will only get cheaper and I can tell you that NS2 is not that fun.  Stick with what you are playing... at least that is what I am trying to go.... get good not just ok with the games I have and play them, I find after a week goes by I have forgotten those other games that was on sale.

PE

JasonPratt

With RomeTW2 on the horizon, Gamersgate is putting all the previous Total War games on sale for 75% off this weekend.

Well, all the titles from Rome1 onward anyway. (Including Viking Battle For Asgard and the Alexander mission campaign for Rome1.)

Own everything from Rome 1 onward, including all expansion packs, for a total of $41.25, or pick and choose. (Note that the expansion packs themselves aren't on sale per se, only insofar as they're included in collections.)

...did that help talk you down, Republic?  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Greenmangaming has brought back all of the 666 sale deals for 30 hours.  All Deals end 8/7/13 at 16:00 UTC (Noon EDT)...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

Rising Storm comes with RO2 free now.  That is a lot of gaming fun for not much money.

Rising Storm is my "go to" game lately.  If you get on a decent server with folks that know what they're doing it is hella fun.  I'd pull the trigger on that one!  (although it might be cheaper during the Steam sale...)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 07, 2013, 11:16:34 AM
With RomeTW2 on the horizon, Gamersgate is putting all the previous Total War games on sale for 75% off this weekend.

Well, all the titles from Rome1 onward anyway. (Including Viking Battle For Asgard and the Alexander mission campaign for Rome1.)

Own everything from Rome 1 onward, including all expansion packs, for a total of $41.25, or pick and choose. (Note that the expansion packs themselves aren't on sale per se, only insofar as they're included in collections.)

...did that help talk you down, Republic?  :D

I didn't see Viking Battle discounted...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

republic

Dang it...

I'm still holding out.  I have Red Orchestra, if I played it more I'd buy Rising Sun right away...but I spend all my gaming time in either Wargame: Airland or DCS so I know it would just sit and gather digital dust next to the games I bought last Steam Summer sale lol

Gusington

Are decent servers common for Rising Sun?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

About half the time it's ok/fun, 1/4 of the time amazing and 1/4 of the time it's log off and find a different server.

It just depends on the mix you have logged on, and the atmosphere of the server.  I frequent about 4 different ones that have good ping out here.

There are a few times, maybe 1/10 of the time, where everything comes together and the gaming is as good as it gets.  Again, it's all about the mix of players and how serious they are.

Gusington

I wish we could get a group together here like we have for Left for Dead 2 or Call of Duty...that would guarantee a purchase for me.

I bought Chivalry a while back and a few of our guys were playing for a while but interest died off quickly. Then I was left with servers full of idiots.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Rising Sun servers are mostly half empty or just a handful of guys against bots, especially if you want to play Classic mode.  I'd be up for a game if we could get some guys together.  I know some of the guys from SimHQ who regularly play ArmA and Iron Front with would also join if were we to get something going.

Gusington

OK so there's Toonces, SDR and me if I buy it. LB? Tuna? Oche? We need at least one more guy and if there's no real single player I don't want to feel like I threw my money away.

OK I'm looking at Rising Storm on Steam right now...19.99. I don't see any mention of RO2 coming with it...is the combo through some other outlet?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on July 07, 2013, 06:18:33 PM
OK I'm looking at Rising Storm on Steam right now...19.99. I don't see any mention of RO2 coming with it...is the combo through some other outlet?

Looks like the Deluxe Edition for $29.99 has the multiplayer content for RO2 as a bonus. Definitely interested if it goes on sale.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Ah ok. If we can get a group for one I think most guys would be interested in the other as well, eh?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

republic

Rising Sun at  Greenmangaming with their 10% voucher is $9

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd