The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Why does Green Man Gaming need to know my Birthday... giving too much info.. set oneself up for ID theft!

Gusington

Isn't it optional to enter that?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

You can enter whatever I assume.. but really too much info!

Gusington

Yeah definitely...in my recent purchases I don't remember needing to enter a b-day.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 07, 2013, 05:48:00 PM
Rising Sun servers are mostly half empty or just a handful of guys against bots, especially if you want to play Classic mode. 

That's just not true SDR.  There are at least 3 64/64 Rising Sun servers online right now.  I've never had trouble finding a populated RS server.  What's really cool being out here is that I get to play with Aussies and Japanese players if I stay up late enough.  That's a total crack up on vox.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

3 full servers out of 100 or so doesn't really invalidate my claim that MOST are half empty or just full of bots.

Here's a screenshot I just took.  This is pretty typical of what you'll see at any given time. 

Kushan

Bought Civ V Gods and Kings and I don't even like Civ V. Hoping the expansion improves/fixes some of issues I had with the vanilla game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

I was going to argue with you SDR, but you are right that MOST are empty.  Still, if you sort by number of players there are usually about 3 sitting at 64/64 and then 2 or 3 sitting at 58-62/64 so finding a full server isn't impossible most of the time. 

But that's like 6 servers out of 250, so you have a point...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1139/The.weekly.deal.goes.WWII!

Matrix Games is happy to announce the latest deal of the week for all those who want to satisfy their hunger for wargaming.

This week's theme is World War II.

From the 8th  to the 14th of July,  Battlefront  and  John Tiller's Campaign Series will be discounted to 19,99$/29,99$ (Digital/Boxed version) which is a discount of up to 60%! This is a great opportunity to pick up some classic games.

Visit the Matrix Games Store, choose your favorite game, add it to the cart and enjoy these games!

Take advantage of this Deal and come back next week: there is always a Deal suited for you.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Gamersgate is having a Summer Sale.  Prices don't look all that great to me, but maybe they'll have some decent Daily Deals...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: steve58 on July 08, 2013, 08:05:45 AM

Matrix Games is happy to announce the latest deal of the week for all those who want to satisfy their hunger for wargaming.

From the 8th  to the 14th of July,  Battlefront  and  John Tiller's Campaign Series will be discounted to 19,99$/29,99$ (Digital/Boxed version) which is a discount of up to 60%! This is a great opportunity to pick up some classic games.

Visit the Matrix Games Store, choose your favorite game, add it to the cart and enjoy these games!

Take advantage of this Deal and come back next week: there is always a Deal suited for you.

Finally Matrix puts some games on sale that I might be interested in buying! :) But before I buy anything please share your opinions about these games if you've played them.

Barthheart

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 08, 2013, 08:28:28 AM
Quote from: steve58 on July 08, 2013, 08:05:45 AM

Finally Matrix puts some games on sale that I might be interested in buying! :) But before I buy anything please share your opinions about these games if you've played them.

Battlefront makes my eyes bleed... just can't stand the graphics styling.
John Tiller's Campaign Series is great. Units are platoon sized and you can control up to a division through an entire campaign. This release has TONS of content.

JasonPratt

I own but haven't played most of the Decisive Battle series which came before BF, and most of the related games that came after, which BF was a somewhat random grab-bag scenario transition system for. So I can't say much about it, other than I hear good things about the games before and after but a lot of silence about this one (neither pro nor con).

John Tiller's Campaign series was an answer to Panzer General, and is ridiculously stuffed full of gaming. One of my brother's favorite games for a long time until he had to give up gaming for family. It's like an originally-somewhat-buggy ultra-detailed-version of PG which barely plays anything like PG with an interface that I routinely cursed but was willing to put up with because of the sheer breadth and depth of what was offered.

I seem to recall someone here at Grogheads was running one of the JT Campaigns for a while as an AAR, but I can't find it in the AAR section. It was a great sell for the game; I followed along for several months, and it made me want to play it again (although I didn't dig it out as I was doing other things).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Is there any detailed reviews available for Campaign Series?  This one escaped me but might be time to jump in.

Martok

It's not on sale really, but I went and pulled the trigger on Horizon.  Not that I'm terribly keen to get access to the alpha on Steam, but it combines my getting a game (that I'd fully intended to eventually purchase regardless) for cheap while also supporting it in its early stages.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces