The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Ubercat on July 09, 2013, 09:22:48 PM
Am I correct in assuming that JT's Campaign Series probably looks like crap on a modern 1920 * 1180 monitor? Matrix isn't known for doing much improvement of their older titles, so the price is still pretty steep despite all the content, right?

They use an actual Window, in Windows.  So it should fit as much of the map on your screen as you have space for - no artificial stretching. 

Ashcloud

CS looks great and is more than worth the money - actually 3 games in one and with theblitz.org and the mods you get another 4 games at least.

JasonPratt

The screenies I recall from last winter/year around here were very impressive. (Dang I wish I could find that.) Like a bit more jaggy version of....

...wait, I feel retarded. It wasn't here, it was at Wargamer.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=582802

BEHOLD!! AN EXTREMELY SUPERLATIVE AAR!

Anyway, I like was saying, a bit more jaggy version of Strategic Command from Battlefront. The AAR uses no mods, graphic or otherwise. (He just adds some notes via paint.)

The jpg below is from one of the zoomed in 3D views (but not as zoomed in as it gets, this was just the first screenie I found that showed something other than terrain but no extra paint notations.) I would have posted by imageshack, but my system at work doesn't support it (or rather vice versa).

Second screenie shows same area a few turns later, with counters turned on to help find units (since camo works very well in this game.  ;D )

Note that as awesome as this game seems (and is), remember back when we were first talking about it and I said it was kind of buggy?

Well, the bugs haven't all been ironed out: I just noticed that Bootlegger's campaign crashed due to one of the bugs. In effect you had better not only manually save before generating a new turn, but go to your desktop AND FREAKING DUPLICATE THE CAMPAIGN FOLDER TOO! (Or not the campaign folder but the five files tracking your campaign. Not sure if they're in a distinct folder.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tinkershuffle

Oh dear, I bought both Battlefront and Campaign Series.  8)

Ashcloud

CS is not so buggy, save and backup but way more stable than previously reported. Best platoon scale hex based Turn-Based IGOUGO game ever made with the largest supported community of PBEM players, modders and scenario designers at theblitz.org

PanzersEast

moved....  :o ::)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Never thought I would do it, but Euro Truck Simulator 2 is on sale at GG for $10.18...and I bought it.  I've just heard so many positive things about it.

Not sure how sitting in a virtual traffic jam can actually be fun though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

republic

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 11, 2013, 03:15:01 PM
Never thought I would do it, but Euro Truck Simulator 2 is on sale at GG for $10.18...and I bought it.  I've just heard so many positive things about it.

Not sure how sitting in a virtual traffic jam can actually be fun though.

I felt the same way but I really enjoy it.  The company simulation side of it is pretty fun.  They've also mentioned at some point having an online component where people can own companies, transport for one another, etc.

steve58

OK, just kind of stumbled on this on Slickdeals.  I just grabbed (on a whim) Ticket to Ride + the USA 1910 DLC for $1.69 8) from Amazon.  I bought the USA 1910 DLC for $1.69 (using code gooncave).  Got email confirmations (click on a link and buy for $0.00) for Ticket to Ride, The Maw and Drip Drip, within minutes of ordering.  The clock is running out on this one, so grab it quick if you want it.  The other DLCs are currrently on sale at Steam...

...frankly I have no idea what the other 2 games are  :P

Get the PC version of Ticket to Ride plus the 1910 expansion along with 2 other games for $1.99 via Amazon

From July 11-15, purchase any Indie PC or Mac game below and get The MAW, Drip Drip, and Ticket to Ride for free. You will receive an e-mail within two days of your purchase notifying you that your free download may be redeemed. Simply return to Amazon, click "Buy and Download", and a 100% discount will be applied. Big thanks to Twisted Pixel Games, Imminent Games, and Days of Wonder for their support. Check back on July 16 for a new set of free game giveaways with purchase. Be sure to also check out our Digital Games Summer Sale.

One of those Indie Games is the Ticket To Ride 1910 expansion DLC here [amazon.com] for $1.99. Great deal for a great game.
Use code gooncave for an extra 15% off. (Note, this appears to be a one-time use code. If you plan on buying a more expensive game, save it.)

The TtR, 1910 DLC, and The Maw get Steam keys, not so for Drip Drip.

Buy the 1910 DLC (or something else from the list), wait for the promo emails, then make sure to Buy and Download from the promo emails to add them to your account.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on July 14, 2013, 04:24:08 PM
OK, just kind of stumbled on this on Slickdeals.  I just grabbed (on a whim) Ticket to Ride + the USA 1910 DLC for $1.69 8)  I bought the USA 1910 DLC for $1.69 (using code gooncave).  Got email confirmations (click on a link and buy for $0.00) for Ticket to Ride, The Maw and Drip Drip, within minutes of ordering.  The clock is running out on this one, so grab it quick if you want it.  The other DLCs are currrently on sale at Steam...

...frankly I have no idea what the other 2 games are  :P

Get the PC version of Ticket to Ride plus the 1910 expansion along with 2 other games for $1.99 via Amazon

From July 11-15, purchase any Indie PC or Mac game below and get The MAW, Drip Drip, and Ticket to Ride for free. You will receive an e-mail within two days of your purchase notifying you that your free download may be redeemed. Simply return to Amazon, click "Buy and Download", and a 100% discount will be applied. Big thanks to Twisted Pixel Games, Imminent Games, and Days of Wonder for their support. Check back on July 16 for a new set of free game giveaways with purchase. Be sure to also check out our Digital Games Summer Sale.

One of those Indie Games is the Ticket To Ride 1910 expansion DLC here [amazon.com] for $1.99. Great deal for a great game.
Use code gooncave for an extra 15% off. (Note, this appears to be a one-time use code. If you plan on buying a more expensive game, save it.)

The TtR, 1910 DLC, and The Maw get Steam keys, not so for Drip Drip.

Buy the 1910 DLC (or something else from the list), wait for the promo emails, then make sure to Buy and Download from the promo emails to add them to your account.

Not finding this...you have a link?

steve58

^sorry, I realized I left the link out.  Just updated my post....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

sandman2575

Disclosure -- "Not a Wargame"  -- but an amazing game of strategy if ever there were one --

Out of the Park Baseball 14 is 50% off through the All Star break.  For anyone who has been eyeing OOTP, this is obviously a great time to buy.  A complete steal at $20.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-14-general-discussions/234364-all-star-special-offer-save-50-ootp-14-a.html

-budd-

don't if anyone is interested in the Clive Barker games but Undying is $2.39 at GOG   http://www.gog.com/gamecard/clive_barkers_undying

and Jericho is $1.24 on steam ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/11420/?snr=1_7_15__13

there's a demo for jericho.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.