The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Looks like the CK2 Collection doesn't include Old Gods.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 27, 2013, 01:57:53 PM
Budd, it's just Steamworks.  That's the third-party stuff that GG refers to.  The box doesn't say Games for Windows Live, it just says Games for Windows which is just a certification thing, not DRM.  Additionally, I have the game myself on Steam and it doesn't launch GFWL.  I wouldn't touch it either, if it did. :)

Thx ..bought it and the first stalker game. There's a complete mod for the first stalker game. I've already downloaded it.
here...   http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009/downloads/stalker-complete-2009-14-exe-installer

right now i put borderlands 2 aside for a break and have started Doom 3 with a little mini ninja's on the side.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Kushan on July 27, 2013, 02:29:22 PM
Crusader Kings - The Old gods is on sale for 3.74 on Steam. Purchasing NOW!

Awesome.  I've been waiting for this to go on sale!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Kushan

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 27, 2013, 09:14:21 PM
Awesome.  I've been waiting for this to go on sale!

Me too. Am surprised it didn't go on sale at all during the summer sale. Picked up the Old Gods as well as 5 or 6 of the other minor DLC packs I didn't have.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on July 27, 2013, 11:51:07 AM
yea there in my basket, at least the first 2, clear sky uses tages so thats a no go for me.Correction I just looked on gamersgate and clear sky is $2.99 and it says DRM free there , but steam says tages. The reverse is true on the first game steam has no other DRM and gamergate says securom, wierd. I'll probably buy them......dammit.

IIRC, my older Gamersgate versions have SecuROM (or maybe Tages), which both do pretty much the same thing - online activation.  :-\  I don't recall which one is currently more lenient with how many you're allowed before having to jump through hoops.

I've been wanting to get into the Stalker series, but the game engine is one of those that gives me nausea & a splitting headache when displayed in widescreen resolutions, playing on my desktop.  Gonna hook my old tower up to the television, once I build a new one, because that solves the headache issues since it's further away and therefore the movement of the viewpoint matches up as my brain expects it to.

Jarhead0331

Expedition: Conquistador is 50% off on steam for $9.99.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2013, 02:03:08 PM
Expedition: Conquistador is 50% off on steam for $9.99.

This is on my Wish list, however I have so many games right now it will be a long time before I pick it up.  I also do not see me picking up EU4 or RTW II either......

PE

Gusington

Rising Storm on sale at Steam right now for $9.99.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you click on it, it's listed at $4.99.  Grab it now before they roll it back!

Gusington

Really? Hmm...

...liar. It's 9.99.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, Tuna was saying the same thing but it shows up as $4.99 on my Steam client.  I'm looking at it right now.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 30, 2013, 07:06:24 PM
I'm looking at it right now.

Same here. Rising Storm= $4.99 and Rising Storm Digital Delux is $7.49. I just purchased the latter.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

eyebiter

Think it's cheaper if you already own Red Orchestra 2.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Staggerwing

Makes sense since I do own RO2.