The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

One of my favorites from last year!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

eyebiter

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Men of War
Men of War: Red Tide.

If you pay more than the average (currently $3.36), you'll also receive King's Bounty: Crossworlds and Men of War: Assault Squad - Game of the Year Edition.  All games activate on Steam.

Toonces

I saw Van Helsing on sale on Steam today.  Daily deal.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

Condemned Criminal Origins for $3.74 at Greenman gaming, its a steam key.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/condemned-criminal-origins/

another one off the wishlist, i signed up at greenman for this one......Great just what i needed another place to buy cheap games :o
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Fallen Enchantress on sale at Gamestop for about 14.00

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

When did Etherlords 2 become available on GoG??? Because that game is one of the best collectable-card computer games on the market, significantly better than any actual Magic: The Gathering computer game (aside from Shandalar, wistful sigh). Gorgeous (and slightly racy) art, addictive gameplay, interesting story, voice acting is fair to good (definitely miles better than in the original ELords) -- the Irish accent of the main heroine for the first part of one of the parallel campaigns is sheerly adorable.   ;D Computer AI is scary good without cheating, although some of that is based on how well the game designers built the enemy decks, which is entirely okay: it's a sign of excellent game design and of being able to understand the rules of the game in creative ways.

I'm seriously tempted to spend $6 just for the sake of supporting the fact it's there (even though I have it on CD already). Which is kind of insane, but I guess we all know that feeling. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Humble Bundle ... Average $5.22 if you pay more you get 5 more games. I got it to try out the saints row games.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 10, 2013, 08:02:56 PM
When did Etherlords 2 become available on GoG??? Because that game is one of the best collectable-card computer games on the market, significantly better than any actual Magic: The Gathering computer game (aside from Shandalar, wistful sigh). Gorgeous (and slightly racy) art, addictive gameplay, interesting story, voice acting is fair to good (definitely miles better than in the original ELords) -- the Irish accent of the main heroine for the first part of one of the parallel campaigns is sheerly adorable.   ;D Computer AI is scary good without cheating, although some of that is based on how well the game designers built the enemy decks, which is entirely okay: it's a sign of excellent game design and of being able to understand the rules of the game in creative ways.

I'm seriously tempted to spend $6 just for the sake of supporting the fact it's there (even though I have it on CD already). Which is kind of insane, but I guess we all know that feeling. :)

I believe the original version with two CDs had the old Starforce DRM on it, so not a bad idea to get the DRM-free one at GOG.

JasonPratt

^^ When you put it like that, ka-ching. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Galactic Civ II on sale at Gamestop for ~7.00.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Etherlords 2 from GoG, as I discovered this morning, has a bit of a bug in its installer, which requires that the properties for the installer be set to XP service pack 3. (Don't know if the actual executable for the program has to be, but I do know if so the installler must have done it because it ran fine after installing.)

Playing both the campaigns on hard level, with the AI turned all the way on, which means the game gets to use all the same toys the player does. No cheating advantages, no extra hit points or extra draws or anything like that (so far as I can tell, unless hero abilities are more likely to trigger maybe). Just the AI thinking out its moves in a chess-ty fashion.

Goofy things may happen that look like bugs or cheating, but I know the game from previously and I know where to poke around to find that the game is only playing by the rules meticulously. My admiration for the programmers is immense: there are so many levels of tactics to keep track of, and they taught the computer to account for (and exploit) most of them.

ETHERLORDS 2 WHO NEEDS SPACE HULK!?! (Well, I do, but still 3 days 15 hours... ;) )

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Humble Origin Bundle    http://humblebundle.com

100% goes to charity or HumbleBundle tips.  EA is not taking a cut of this.

Get the following on Origin, for $1 minimum:
Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor

Pay the average (around $5) and also get:
Battlefield 3
Sims 3 Starter Pack (The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack, and The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff, Date Night bonus DLC)

The following games have Steam keys:
Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Nope.  Origin on my PC = over my dead body.

eyebiter

Humble Bundle Origin games with Steam keys is a good deal.

Had bad experiences in the past with the Origin client software.  Will try to import a few older EA titles and see how it responds.