The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

all i've done is replay the first 3 days so far to get to know  the game. I find myself watching that count down, should i holla, which one's attacking? come on stamina, hurry up. I playing the big boy with the ax to start with. It seems the game has some nice checks and balances to make it challenging. You have a gun, but it reloads slow, there's a number of wolves or such but they don't all attack at once, you can whack away with your ax but only a few times until your tired and useless. Seems like your going to have to use a combinations of things to be successful......nice. i don't mind challenging games as long as their fair.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Greybriar

Newegg is selling Civilization V: Brave New World for $11.99 (and that's three dollars less than I purchased it for just a couple of days ago on sale at Amazon.com :().

But that's just one of the titles featured at Newegg's END-OF-SUMMER-SALE!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

eyebiter

BanzaiCat

^ I wish! I don't have time to add EUIII to my life right now, even though I've not played it. The dollar price...man, it's not about money, it's about time.

W8taminute

Quote from: Greybriar on September 03, 2013, 11:09:33 PM
Newegg is selling Civilization V: Brave New World for $11.99 (and that's three dollars less than I purchased it for just a couple of days ago on sale at Amazon.com :().

But that's just one of the titles featured at Newegg's END-OF-SUMMER-SALE!

That deal is extremely tempting.  Thanks for the heads up. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

republic

Bundle Stars has all the Men of War games for $3.  I've bought from them before and they are trustworthy.  They are all Steam keys, I know some do not like Steam.

eyebiter

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on November 19, 2012, 07:25:15 AM
I see Armada 2526 Gold is something like $6. 

They have a lot of older stuff for dirt cheap, so it's worth the time to dig through to see if there may be anything your game hording rear missed, before.  :P

Does anyone still play the original Red Orchestra ($2.49)?  I think I saw it on the Steam Grogerry groups' multiplayer vote, so wondered if the whole community around that oldie moved on to RO2 yet.
I think Atilla60 still plays Red Orchestra.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Toonces

TBH, most people have moved on to RO2 or Rising Storm.  I bought RO1 for like $5 back during some sale and tried it a couple of times, and even for free it's pretty much a waste of time.  We're talking one server with maybe 20 people on it if you're lucky.

Single Player is not worth your time.

I can't recommend it unless you have a for-sure group with which to play it.

RO2/RS however is an excellent game and gets my highest recommendation!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

republic

The Humble Bundle has all of Arcen's games this week.  Some good games in there:  https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

-budd-

If anyone doesn't have CIV5, the whole package is $27.19, including BNW . Steam key.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/civilization-pack/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

This isn't a sale item, but it's cheap (9.99) on Steam. Zafehouse Diaries. It's pretty cerebral and reminds me of the days of text-based adventure games. It's almost impossible to win and I keep managing to make the wrong decisions (hey, I thought two survivors could take out 26 zombies. I mean, these are the slow kind, right?). What's cool is you can import your own pictures and put yourself or your loved ones (or not-so-loved-ones) into the game, too.

republic

Quote from: -budd- on September 07, 2013, 09:06:36 AM
If anyone doesn't have CIV5, the whole package is $27.19, including BNW . Steam key.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/civilization-pack/

Use this code and it drops to $21.76

GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN

steve58

GameFly has Torchlight II (PC Digital Download) for $5 - 20% off with promo code GFDSEP20 = $4.  Steam key.  Might be a quick deal, so grab it now if you want it.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

^Torchlight II is WELL worth that price. If you're into busy hack-and-slash dungeon-crawling that is, like me.