The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 07, 2013, 04:21:08 PM
^Torchlight II is WELL worth that price. If you're into busy hack-and-slash dungeon-crawling that is, like me.

there is some useful mods in the steam workshop for it also.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

Not sure if this has been posted already so apologies in advance but these games are on sale at Steam:

Wargame: AirLand Battle $19.99 (50%)

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition $7.50 (75%)

They are part of the Focus Home Interactive Special Pack which also includes Cities XL platinum, Farm Sim 2013, and Divinity 2 developers cut, among others. It ends 42 hour from the time of this posting.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/FocusWeekend?snr=1_lgerman_4__118
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

That Focus sale is a good one! (Although weirdly I don't recall seeing their WW2 game... maybe it's because I've managed to block the intensely stupid name from my mind, because I can't recall it OH DAMMIT I DO NOW, IT'S R.U.S.E!!! Still can't recall it being part of the sale, though. Great WW2 RTS.)

Update: oh, that's why, just looked it up on Steam -- Eugen Systems made it but published it through Ubisoft, not through Focus.

I picked up Airland on sale (already had pretty much everything else except Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- Focus is nothing if not a broad publisher!), and noticed that one of the packages included the first version of "Wargame" for practically nothing added in. I didn't get that because I gathered that the second game is an expanded and improved remake anyway so I'm not missing anything, but if I'm wrong someone should let me know I guess.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

republic

DCS Steam sale today!

Per the DCS Facebook Page:  "On September 9th we will have a "Daily Deal" on Steam that will discount all DCS products by 70%."

I might pick up Blackshark 2 so I don't have to fool with the upgrade anymore.  The only modules I don't own are the P51 and the MI-8, and the MI-8 isn't on Steam yet...and I'm not sure I want the P51 without any period equipment to use it against/with.

Nefaro

Quote from: republic on September 09, 2013, 06:54:09 AM
DCS Steam sale today!

Per the DCS Facebook Page:  "On September 9th we will have a "Daily Deal" on Steam that will discount all DCS products by 70%."

I might pick up Blackshark 2 so I don't have to fool with the upgrade anymore.  The only modules I don't own are the P51 and the MI-8, and the MI-8 isn't on Steam yet...and I'm not sure I want the P51 without any period equipment to use it against/with.

I was gonna spread the word around a bit, but they don't have sale prices up yet.  Is it only a Steam sale or something, since they just recently got DCS World on there?

steve58

DCS Steam sale today!

Republic -- you will probably get your wish about the P-51.  Have you seen this yet??

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944

They're almost at their half-way point after just a few days, so they'll more than likely hit their goad and then some...coming ~May 2014 (beta)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Just about all Crusader Kings/Crusader Kings II stuff is on sale at GamersGate. 

Link

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on September 09, 2013, 11:41:21 AM

Link

If I'm not mistaken, the only things missing are the Crusader Kings II: Customization Pack and the Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV Converter. Everything else is marked down 66%.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

DCS Steam sale today!

I was considering getting the Combined Arms DLC, but wouldn't it just be better to play ARMA 2/3 instead?

steve58

Link

...don't forget the GG versions of CKII+DLC are not compatible with the Steam version...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Rayfer

I see the Matrix weekly sale is for 2 of their Close Combat games; Normandy and Arnhem for $19.99 each.  Only one I ever played in this series was Cross of Iron and enjoyed it.  Either of these two stand out as better than the other or is it more just a case which battle is more appealing to the buyer?

Toonces

Quote from: Tpek on September 09, 2013, 12:38:57 PM
DCS Steam sale today!

I was considering getting the Combined Arms DLC, but wouldn't it just be better to play ARMA 2/3 instead?

Short answer: yes.  Combined Arms is a neat idea, but far from finished product.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Greybriar

Quote from: steve58 on September 09, 2013, 12:41:12 PM

Link

...don't forget the GG versions of CKII+DLC are not compatible with the Steam version...

Thanks for mentioning that!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

Shrapnelgames is having a Fall "sale" through September 24th.

http://www.gamersfront.com/store/autumn_sale.html

PanzersEast

Shat guys.... game prices drop like a sledge hammer from 20,000 feet.  Looking at the trend.... within 4~6 months of release game prices are in half.

PE