The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

That avatar is fantastic. And I don't even like Star Trek.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Aarklash: Legacy has a 10% release sale on Steam this weekend; looks interesting in a Baldur's Gateish tactical fantasy sort of way. Cyanide is the developer. The Joker's girlfriend Harley Quinn appears to be one of the player characters.  :o

Activision sale of recent games (and a few older ones) at 25% off. I can vouch for the two Transformer games (which lead into the current "Prime" series now starting its 3rd season; you do kind of need both games instead of only one to get the full 'story', but they're worth it. The second game for all practical purposes is the extended climactic final third to the first game.) The Amazing Spiderman game is a sequel to the recent reboot movie, and far superior to it in every way. Made by the same designers as the old Spiderman 2 game, and somewhat similar in game mechanics and plot structure to their "Web of Shadows" game. Well worth the price for the stunning webslinging visuals alone.

Oh, did I mention VTM:Bloodlines has finally been released on Steam? Because it has. (Though I'd rather buy that from GoG or GG, since it really needs quite a bit of modding, but last time I checked it wasn't there yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 12, 2013, 03:30:53 PM
Aarklash: Legacy has a 10% release sale on Steam this weekend; looks interesting in a Baldur's Gateish tactical fantasy sort of way. Cyanide is the developer. The Joker's girlfriend Harley Quinn appears to be one of the player characters.  :o

Activision sale of recent games (and a few older ones) at 25% off. I can vouch for the two Transformer games (which lead into the current "Prime" series now starting its 3rd season; you do kind of need both games instead of only one to get the full 'story', but they're worth it. The second game for all practical purposes is the extended climactic final third to the first game.) The Amazing Spiderman game is a sequel to the recent reboot movie, and far superior to it in every way. Made by the same designers as the old Spiderman 2 game, and somewhat similar in game mechanics and plot structure to their "Web of Shadows" game. Well worth the price for the stunning webslinging visuals alone.

Oh, did I mention VTM:Bloodlines has finally been released on Steam? Because it has. (Though I'd rather buy that from GoG or GG, since it really needs quite a bit of modding, but last time I checked it wasn't there yet.)

Aarklash is another game in the Confrontation universe that uses Cyanide/Focus's engine from the previous game (it's a real time yet pausable rts where you control 4 heroes with rpg like elements).

Gusington

XCOM on sale for 9.99 @ Gamestop.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Humble Indie Bundle 9 is just ridiculous.

Trine 2 Complete, Mark of the Ninja, Eets Munchies Beta (I have no idea what this one is) and Brutal Legend for whatever you feel like playing. Beat the average and add FTL and Fez to the list...and whatever mystery items will appear next week.

Grim.Reaper

steve58

Humble Weekly Sale: Retro Shooters

Pay at least $1 to get Steam keys.

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition!

If you pay $6 or more, you'll also receive Hard Reset Extended Edition and System Shock 2!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tpek on September 12, 2013, 04:15:37 PM
Aarklash is another game in the Confrontation universe that uses Cyanide/Focus's engine from the previous game (it's a real time yet pausable rts where you control 4 heroes with rpg like elements).

Interesting -- but what was the previous game? (It doesn't seem to be on Steam...)

I wish I had picked up Carrier Command yesterday; but I may finally grab the new Tomb Raider this weekend at $12 and change.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 13, 2013, 07:51:36 AM
Quote from: Tpek on September 12, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

I wish I had picked up Carrier Command yesterday; but I may finally grab the new Tomb Raider this weekend at $12 and change.

Jason -- CC is still on sale for $8.24 for another ~27 hours...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65740/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Greybriar

Stargunner is being offered free at GOG.com as part of GOG's fifth birthday celebration.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

Quote from: Greybriar on September 13, 2013, 09:38:22 AM
Stargunner is being offered free at GOG.com as part of GOG's fifth birthday celebration.
Cool!  I always love me some sci-fi scroller shooters (I really wish GOG could get Gradius and/or Life Force). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

Ace Patrol $5 at Greenmangaming this weekend.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/ace-patrol/

(Since I previously bought Ace Patrol from GMG, don't know if this will work, but you can try using code GMG20-8MUTY-821VN....might knock off another $1)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on September 13, 2013, 12:04:41 PM
Ace Patrol $5 at Greenmangaming this weekend.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/ace-patrol/

(Since I previously bought Ace Patrol from GMG, don't know if this will work, but you can try using code GMG20-8MUTY-821VN....might knock off another $1)

Wow, that was quick!  Thanks for the heads up!  Sold!

steve58

GameFly has a couple good deals.  Steam keys...

Stardrive - $8 w/ code GFDSEP20
Rising Storm - $5.43 w/ code GFDSEP20

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on September 14, 2013, 08:44:32 AM
GameFly has a couple good deals.  Steam keys...

Stardrive - $8 w/ code GFDSEP20
Rising Storm - $5.43 w/ code GFDSEP20

Ooooooh!  I've been waiting for a Stardrive sale!  Never used Gamefly before though - what would I be letting myself in for?