The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 14, 2013, 09:09:40 AM
Quote from: steve58 on September 14, 2013, 08:44:32 AM
GameFly has a couple good deals.  Steam keys...

Stardrive - $8 w/ code GFDSEP20
Rising Storm - $5.43 w/ code GFDSEP20

Ooooooh!  I've been waiting for a Stardrive sale!  Never used Gamefly before though - what would I be letting myself in for?

Was it ever fixed?

steve58

Sounds like its on its way to being fixed, but it may be a while.  Skip down to the "Update" part in the following thread.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/220660/discussions/0/846957366706960320/

tl;dr Zero is porting SD to another engine (Unity), it will have better graphics and will have much faster updates when it gets there due to better workflow but you will have to sit tight while he gets to the same level of progress that he has with SD on the current engine. Multiplayer should be much easier to implement too.

@ Huw -- GameFly used to be Direct2Drive.  Its no better/no worse than most of the other online stores.  At worst, you'll probably have to download the GameFly client app to get the Steam key.  Once you have the key, you can uninstall the app...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Cool, thanks Steve.  I think I'll probably jump in then.  It already looks fun, development clearly hasn't been abandoned, and I haven't played this kind of game since Endless Space.

Huw the Poo

As it happens I didn't even have to download the client; it was a Steam key.  Steve, thanks again for the advice and for providing the heads-up.  I've been waiting patiently to play StarDrive for ages. :)

republic

Thanks Steve, I finally pulled the trigger and got Rising Storm.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tonight!

Huw the Poo

I'm hoping the same thing, Republic; I finally acquire StarDrive and my lady decides to start playing some hidden object shit. :(

republic

Sounds like you need to surprise her with a new laptop :)

Huw the Poo

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on September 14, 2013, 10:05:23 AM
Sounds like its on its way to being fixed, but it may be a while.  Skip down to the "Update" part in the following thread.

I'm pretty sure the guy announced that he was creating a sequel for Stardrive.  So further development may require a whole new purchase to benefit.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Nefaro on September 14, 2013, 06:00:00 PM
Quote from: steve58 on September 14, 2013, 10:05:23 AM

I'm pretty sure the guy announced that he was creating a sequel for Stardrive.  So further development may require a whole new purchase to benefit.

The last I read, he was porting StarDrive to Unity before continuing development.

Toonces

Hey guys, I just saw this.

JustFlight is having a very awesome sale: buy any two airliners (from the offered selection) for $29!

So for example I'm looking at the MD-87 and L-1011, and the total is $29, a savings of $46!

I'm actually considering buying 4 planes for $58 because the price is so awesome.

Linky:  http://www.justflight.com/bundle

I haven't flown any of these planes, so I can't give any feedback on their quality.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Darn Kerbal Space Program calling my name again....on Steam for $13.79 in the daily deal......so far, strangely I have not pulled the trigger on all past sales.  Will today be the day?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 15, 2013, 05:46:57 AM
Darn Kerbal Space Program calling my name again....on Steam for $13.79 in the daily deal......so far, strangely I have not pulled the trigger on all past sales.  Will today be the day?

Good God, man!!!1one

It's fourteen bucks!  You know you wanna!

Besides.. they're starting to put the Managerial facet into the game.  It's already a blast just in the sandbox sim & rocket builder!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 15, 2013, 07:48:04 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 15, 2013, 05:46:57 AM

Good God, man!!!1one

It's fourteen bucks!  You know you wanna!

Besides.. they're starting to put the Managerial facet into the game.  It's already a blast just in the sandbox sim & rocket builder!

I am just not sure I am intelligent enough to play this game:)  It is tempting with the career stuff starting to sprinkle in....

JasonPratt

Steve, I did pick up CC after all, thanks!

I already had the Tomb Raider reboot, so I picked up the most recent WW2 and modern Medal of Honor games, although I recall them being not especially well thought of. But they may have been finally swamped by Call of Duty and Battlefield, so... All the CoD games were on sale, but not enough of a sale for me to pick up anything after the first WW2 games (which I already had -- I think it's weird that CoD3 wasn't released for the PC, but the expansion pack to CoD1 kind of counts.)

One of these days I need to go back and finish working my way through the first Brothers in Arms game, and then its two sequels. I hit a desperately hard mission through an occupied village in the first game and didn't want to permanently downgrade the difficulty because I like seeing the unlocked extras of how they designed the game. But that isn't overly rational. ;)

Meanwhile, I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on the Kerbals yet, even though I'm sure my nieces would go crazy for them, since I'd rather have the management structure and that will be a while. Good to see it finally moving along to that, though, even if in bits and pieces!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!