The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Did you play through the new Tomb Raider? I bought it on sale but haven't touched it yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm playing through it now.  It's been quite enjoyable thus far although I think I preferred the earlier bits that were grounded in reality as opposed to where I'm at now when the supernatural stuff comes into play.  I enjoy the exploration aspects to it the most and the weapon and skill upgrade systems are interesting.  There are a lot of quick-time events which I'm normally not a fan of but they're mostly well done here.   The animations are very well done and whoever was in charge of animating the myriad death scenes of Lara is an extremely talented and creatively demented individual.

Gusington

^Really can't beat that for an endorsement :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Don't know if you've seen this (I think Brant posted it a few months ago) but it's pretty damned funny.

Gusington

I love Conan...I have to watch this later when I'm on my gaming machine.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Revolution Under Siege is on sale at Desura for $11.25

http://www.desura.com/games/revolution-under-siege

I don't recall seeing that on sale very often, lately.

smittyohio

Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2013, 01:15:28 AM
Revolution Under Siege is on sale at Desura for $11.25

http://www.desura.com/games/revolution-under-siege

I don't recall seeing that on sale very often, lately.

No, it doesn't seem to... i remember waiting for it to get down to around that price, and then got lucky and got it for 3.75....  I almost felt bad about that  ;-)

JasonPratt

I though Matrix was consolidating their properties back under the roof. This being the explanation for why I can't download my Pride of Nations (and its expansions) which I bought on sale last year from Gamersgate onto my new rig.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 16, 2013, 10:02:46 AM
I though Matrix was consolidating their properties back under the roof. This being the explanation for why I can't download my Pride of Nations (and its expansions) which I bought on sale last year from Gamersgate onto my new rig.

You should be able to download something you already bought? Can we not? Does Matrix now provide an alternate download?

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 16, 2013, 10:02:46 AM

You definitely should have a download for it.  When a title is removed from Gamersgate, they replace it with another of the same name except that it has [OLD] tagged onto the end, in your Library.  The download still works for them, however, so you've not lost it unless there's been a screw-up and yours wasn't properly replaced with the revised one.

I have a few with the [OLD] tag, that are no longer sold in the store, but they download just fine since I had purchased them before.

JasonPratt

^^ Not that I've been able to figure out so far. I certainly don't even have a listing for Pr0n in my games library anymore to download the game from (or any of the other couple of Matrix games I got that way). One of these days when I'm thinking about it I'm going to try moving my GG downloader for this game from my old computer to my new one -- I doubt (for security reasons) that will work, but until I try I won't know for sure.

There was a time when Pr0n had such a poor reputation that GG was selling it for $5 when NOT on sale! -- although that price was no doubt set by Paradox who had partnered with Matrix to distribute the game at that time.

Nefaro, my games list (which I'm looking at right this moment) definitely goes straight from Patrician IV (and its DLC) to Primal Carnage (which I somehow have 2 copies of and have never played). No Pr0n, much less its DLC. Not at Vainglory either. Scanned the whole list.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Weird.  I just checked my list and PrON is still there for download.

CptHowdy

Checked my gamersgate and I still have pron, rise of prussia and ww1 gold.

steve58

This weeks Matrixgame deal:
This week's Deal is focused on two WWII Classics. From the 16th  to the 22th of September, the legendary Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III and the recently updated Advanced Tactics: Gold  will be discounted to $19.99/$29.99 (Digital/Boxed version), a discount of up to 50%! Pick up these classic games for a unique wargaming experience, you will not regret it!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

I'm grabbing TOAW3, no questions asked.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs