The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on September 19, 2013, 01:04:38 PM
Big bundle of "DRM Free" Indie RPGs for Desura and/or Steam:

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Currently starting at $1.99 .. you can get the extras for $5.49 and up.

The games are:

Unemployment Quest (Windows/Desura)
The Siege of the Necromancer (Windows/Mac/Desura)
Hack, Slash, Loot (Windows/Mac/Linux/Steam/Desura)
Styrateg (Windows/Mac)
Inaria (Windows)
Dungeon Fray (Windows/Linux/Desura)
Empires and Dungeons 2 (Windows)
Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon (Windows/Desura)
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land (Windows)
The Wizard from Tarnath Tor (Windows/Mac/Desura)
Northmark: Hour of the Wolf (Windows/Mac)
The Wizard's Lair (Windows/Mac/Linux/Desura)
Telepath RPG: Servants of God (Windows/Mac/Linux)

Is this BIAB site any good?
Especially since most of the good games are direct-download-only.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 19, 2013, 01:14:59 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 19, 2013, 01:04:38 PM
Big bundle of "DRM Free" Indie RPGs for Desura and/or Steam:

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Currently starting at $1.99 .. you can get the extras for $5.49 and up.

The games are:

Unemployment Quest (Windows/Desura)
The Siege of the Necromancer (Windows/Mac/Desura)
Hack, Slash, Loot (Windows/Mac/Linux/Steam/Desura)
Styrateg (Windows/Mac)
Inaria (Windows)
Dungeon Fray (Windows/Linux/Desura)
Empires and Dungeons 2 (Windows)
Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon (Windows/Desura)
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land (Windows)
The Wizard from Tarnath Tor (Windows/Mac/Desura)
Northmark: Hour of the Wolf (Windows/Mac)
The Wizard's Lair (Windows/Mac/Linux/Desura)
Telepath RPG: Servants of God (Windows/Mac/Linux)

Is this BIAB site any good?
Especially since most of the good games are direct-download-only.

I just grabbed the bundle because I wanted to check out a few of these RPGs and roguelikes (at least one I've not seen before), along with the choose-your-own-"Adventure Books" to see how enjoyable those are. 

It sent me an email with a direct link to a user-specific download page that has a direct DRM-free installer download link for all the games, along with Desura keys for those that are hosted there, and a Steam key for Hack Slash Loot (probably the only Steam game in the lot that has been Greenlit or whatevah).

I'm not sure how long the download page link will be good for, so I'll just burn the installers to a couple disks and possibly drop them on an external hard drive.  The file sizes are pretty small, being indies without super flashy graphics.   There's no login that I see but the page url has a user code at the end and some additional content code listed. *shrug*  I'm alright with this since it's DRM free so I can make backups.  Probably don't ever have to use the link again.

Supposedly some of the profits go to indie dev funding.. I'm guessing at Desura?  Dunno.  But I saved a chunk of money on a couple of these I had been eyeing for awhile (like Frayed Knights).

Nefaro

Hah!  It's Bundle Weekend or something..

Humble Bundle has an Egosoft deal that just started.  All of the X series games for $6!

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

So for those of you who want to check out the whole X-series... notably X3 Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude, you can get the whole line for six bucks!

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on September 19, 2013, 02:08:57 PM
Hah!  It's Bundle Weekend or something..

Humble Bundle has an Egosoft deal that just started.  All of the X series games for $6!

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

So for those of you who want to check out the whole X-series... notably X3 Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude, you can get the whole line for six bucks!

I've started playing Albion Prelude as a simple Humble Merchant....... but one that will kill ya for a few credits...  :P

PE

republic

From 20 to 29 September 2013, Eagle Dynamics will have a 60% off Autumn sale for the following DCS products:

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Pre-Purchase Beta. $49.99 now $19.99
DCS: UH-1H Huey, Pre-Purchase Beta. $49.99 now $19.99
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3. $49.99 now $19.99
DCS: A-10C Warthog. $39.99 now $15.99
DCS: Black Shark 2. $39.99 now $15.99
DCS: P-51D Mustang. $39.99 now $15.99
DCS: Combined Arms. $29.99 now $11.99
DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade. $29.99 now $11.99
A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $5.99
Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $5.99

I guess I might pick up Mi-8

steve58

GoG.com is having a couple specials:

Wing Commander Series Sale for the ~19 hours.  Gog also now has Privateer 2: The Darkening for $5.99

RPG Special.  Includes Wizardry 6+7 for $2.39 and Wizardry 8 for $3.99 for the next ~3 days...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: -budd- on September 17, 2013, 06:45:26 PM
Strategic War in Europe   $3.74 @ GG

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SWIE/strategic-war-in-europe

Thanks. Grabbed it. Looks a lot like the old Hitler's War board game. I know there's one out there somewhere that's faithful to that version though.

Rayfer

Quote from: republic on September 19, 2013, 05:24:20 PM
From 20 to 29 September 2013, Eagle Dynamics will have a 60% off Autumn sale for the following DCS products:

Is the P-51D Mustang a complete game like A-10c Warthog or is it just the plane that you then use in an existing world...like Rise of Flight does it?

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on September 20, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
Quote from: republic on September 19, 2013, 05:24:20 PM

Is the P-51D Mustang a complete game like A-10c Warthog or is it just the plane that you then use in an existing world...like Rise of Flight does it?

Hell.. I think they still only have the usual Black Sea area modelled in the DCS series, amiright?  I get the impression that you're just flying the P-51 around on the modern Black Sea map.  Is this correct?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on September 16, 2013, 12:45:49 PM
This weeks Matrixgame deal:
This week's Deal is focused on two WWII Classics. From the 16th  to the 22th of September, the legendary Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III and the recently updated Advanced Tactics: Gold  will be discounted to $19.99/$29.99 (Digital/Boxed version), a discount of up to 50%! Pick up these classic games for a unique wargaming experience, you will not regret it!

...FYI
VR Designs provides you an asset you cannot miss! The Official Strategy Guide for Advanced Tactics Gold.

Remember that the game is discounted to $19.99/$29.99 (Digital/Boxed version) until the 22nd of September, so it is the right time to take advantage of this. Also the Guide should be big help to any Advanced Tactics Gold general, but also very insightfull for non-AT players that are curious about how this game plays. Download the .pdf file HERE!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CptHowdy

Quote from: mirth on September 20, 2013, 03:09:56 PM
AI War Bundle at GamersGate for $4.25 US.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-AIW4YAE/ai-war-four-year-anniversary-edition-bundle

picked this up but my key for ancient shadows wasn't accepted by steam and I didn't get a key for vengeance of the machine. I realize I don't need to add these games to steam to play them but like to have them on my list of steam games. I have contacted gamersgate support so hopefully they can resolve the issue. anyone else purchase this and have any issues? the base game and first three expansions were added to steam with no problems.

CptHowdy

Quote from: CptHowdy on September 20, 2013, 06:00:47 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 20, 2013, 03:09:56 PM
AI War Bundle at GamersGate for $4.25 US.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-AIW4YAE/ai-war-four-year-anniversary-edition-bundle

picked this up but my key for ancient shadows wasn't accepted by steam and I didn't get a key for vengeance of the machine. I realize I don't need to add these games to steam to play them but like to have them on my list of steam games. I have contacted gamersgate support so hopefully they can resolve the issue. anyone else purchase this and have any issues? the base game and first three expansions were added to steam with no problems.

heard back from them. they just say I don't need steam for these games and they cant do anything. pretty much what I expected. perhaps I will contact arcen games and see if I can get two keys that work on steam!

Toonces

JustFlight is having a 50% off sale on the Commercial Level Simulations MD81/82 aircraft; use promo code "weekend" at checkout (comes to just under $20).

http://www.justflight.com/product/md-81-82-jetliner-download

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs