The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

GOG has a sale called "Strategy Firsts and Seconds".  Among other games, it includes Space Empires IV Deluxe and Disciples 2 Gold

Also, GamersGate is having a sale on various Iceberg titles, including StarDrive and Endless Space Gold Edition

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

eyebiter

republic

Fantastic tip Eyebiter!  I hats that login

JasonPratt

I gather the GG Mass Effect trilogy doesn't add up correctly because it contains the Digital Deluxe editions of the second two games, which in turn don't really add anything to the single-player experience but do feature some visual artwork and the soundtracks.

More annoyingly for me (I picked up the ME trilogy finally thanks to this sale), GG also has all the Dawn of War games and add-ons for sale, but decided to put Retribution at only 33% separately while including it at 75% off bundled with all other DoW2 material. So I can pay $15 for rebuying the first two DoW2 games, or pay MORE (but still at a discount) to buy Retribution by itself.  >:(

I'll wait. I have plenty to entertain me.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I'm tempted by SEIV but that's not the one with the realtime 3D battles is it?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 28, 2013, 08:42:13 PM
I gather the GG Mass Effect trilogy doesn't add up correctly because it contains the Digital Deluxe editions of the second two games, which in turn don't really add anything to the single-player experience but do feature some visual artwork and the soundtracks.

I grabbed ME3, played it for an hour, then realized I really wanted to go through 2 again so I went ahead and bought it as well. I didn't want to go all the way back to 1 so I got the "Genesis" add-on for ME2 to set everything the way I wanted it before getting into ME2.

The 3 ending was horrible, but Bioware created what looks like a free DLC for ME3 to provide alternative endings. On top of that, it looks like there's plans in the works for an ME4.

Jarhead0331

Anybody heard of "Simply CDkeys"? Apparently its a digital distributor in the UK.  They have X-com: The Bureau on sale for 9.99 GBP.  Comes to just over $16 USD...I gave the site a chance and got my steam key instantly.  Downloading now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Thanks...for $5 I took a chance on COD....

Huw the Poo

Quote from: W8taminute on September 28, 2013, 09:07:03 PM
I'm tempted by SEIV but that's not the one with the realtime 3D battles is it?

No, just a simple 2D representation which you don't have to use.

If you're at all interested in SEIV, W8, I urge you to pick it up.  It's still regarded by some as the 4X to beat, and with good reason.  It's just an insanely good game, configurable as hell and with so much to do.  It's a time sink, but in a very good way.  I still play it to this day.

By the way, if you do pick it up and want more than the default number of systems (look around and you'll find the .ini hack to allow this), you'll also want a system names mod so that you don't end up with systems with no names at all (this actually happens).  Let me know and I'll email it to you, as it's only a text file.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 28, 2013, 10:44:18 PM
Anybody heard of "Simply CDkeys"? Apparently its a digital distributor in the UK.  They have X-com: The Bureau on sale for 9.99 GBP.  Comes to just over $16 USD...I gave the site a chance and got my steam key instantly.  Downloading now.

I have not used them specifically, but have used a number of those "CDKEY" type shops and my experiences have been very good....I don't have any hesitation in using them.  Only thing to watch out for is the version they have for sale.  Sometimes they have region specific ones that only work in certain parts of the world, that is why they can be cheaper sometimes.  Other than that, my experiences have been fine....price wise you can't beat what they have sometimes, especially for new games.

W8taminute

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 29, 2013, 02:22:12 AM

No, just a simple 2D representation which you don't have to use.

If you're at all interested in SEIV, W8, I urge you to pick it up.  It's still regarded by some as the 4X to beat, and with good reason.  It's just an insanely good game, configurable as hell and with so much to do.  It's a time sink, but in a very good way.  I still play it to this day.

By the way, if you do pick it up and want more than the default number of systems (look around and you'll find the .ini hack to allow this), you'll also want a system names mod so that you don't end up with systems with no names at all (this actually happens).  Let me know and I'll email it to you, as it's only a text file.

Excellent.  I'm a veteran of SEIII and prefer the 2D battle system vs. the 3D system in SEV.   So I took the plunge and picked up the game!  I'm going to have to set aside some time for this gem after I finish with Rome 2 Total War.  Talk about time sinks.  But that's exactly what we grogheads love isn't it?   ;D

Thanks for your offer for the mod on the system names.  I'd love to use it.  I'll PM you my email address. 

Cheers!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

any opinions on titan quest it's on sale on steam for $2.99 or $3.99 for gold version with the immortal throne. It's looks like it plays like torchlight2. Worth picking up?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/402/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

republic

Quote from: -budd- on September 29, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
any opinions on titan quest it's on sale on steam for $2.99 or $3.99 for gold version with the immortal throne. It's looks like it plays like torchlight2. Worth picking up?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/402/

I own it and I've heard good things about it...but the graphics and controls are pretty dated...I just couldn't stick with it.  Its quite a bit different from Torchlight 2 from an ease of use or "fun factor" at least for me.

JasonPratt

All the Victoria games and expansions are currently 75% off at Gamersgate for the next couple of days, including the Heart of Darkness expansion for only $5.

Keep in mind, GG's editions of the Paradox games do not work with Steam (or vice versa), so there's no point buying any updates here if, like me, you got your games on Steam.

Fortunately, Paradox put all the Vicky paraphenalia on Steam for 75% off, too. :)

(The Warlock game and accoutrements are also on sale at Steam, not GG, including an overall Ultimate Edition.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!