The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 05, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
Just played about 20 minutes of Bioshock 1, and all I can say is, holy crap.

Sub-aquatic Libertarians are the absolute worst.

Nefaro

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 05, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
Just played about 20 minutes of Bioshock 1, and all I can say is, holy crap.

:D

It gets better and better.  You must play it through to the end, no matter what!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on October 06, 2013, 08:37:16 AM
Wargame: Airland Battle Gamersgate Daily Deal:  $13.59

Another example of Arctic Blast's, "If it's on sale, wait for it to get even cheaper on a Daily Deal!" practice!  ;D

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 05, 2013, 03:21:18 PM

Dude, dude, dude...if a publisher is having a weekend sale with a different daily deal each day, you don't EVER buy something from that publisher until :

1. It gets a daily deal.
2. It's the last day of the sale, and it didn't ever get a daily deal.

I almost guarantee that tomorrow is Civ V day.

EDIT:

LOL!

Sure enough the Civ V daily deal hits too, as predicted.  :P

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

JasonPratt

What's worse, it's 75% off, not just 50%.

CURSE YOU STEAM AND YOUR INEVITABLE BETRAYAL!!!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Glad you're enjoying Bioshock 1.   :)

Well I can confirm that if you buy a game on GOG that is able to run on Windows and Mac you can indeed install an instance on your Windows PC and on your Mac.  Too cool!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on October 06, 2013, 03:12:25 PM

Well I can confirm that if you buy a game on GOG that is able to run on Windows and Mac you can indeed install an instance on your Windows PC and on your Mac.  Too cool!

Of course you can.  All GOG games have 'No DRM'.  So you can load them on what you want, no online activation or switching license BS.    :D

Barthheart

Matrix Sale of the Week: Unity of Command - $9.99 download! Unity of Command: Red Turn - $4.99!!

Great prices for some great gaming.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1228/Unity.of.Command.Series.on.Sale!

JasonPratt

Wow, that's another pretty major sale from Matrix -- a bit late to compete with the other recent UoC sale at Gamersgate, but still good news. Almost as good as hearing that the next expansion is already in closed beta testing!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Chainsaw Warrior is on Steam for $4.99.

Never played this but I remember a lot of good things about it from gamers way back when. I like the gameplay trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F6phyyRhiw) but they spelled "until" with two L's. Yes, that bothers me.

But anyway, any of you play this game back in the day?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 07, 2013, 07:59:16 PM

Never played this but I remember a lot of good things about it from gamers way back when. I like the gameplay trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F6phyyRhiw) but they spelled "until" with two L's. Yes, that bothers me.

I'm picking this up today.... have read good things about it. 

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 08, 2013, 11:33:18 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 07, 2013, 07:59:16 PM

I'm picking this up today.... have read good things about it. 

PE

It's a five dollar solitaire tabletop port.  No-brainer for me.

Although it's a port from a tablet game so the usual lack of tooltips & such can be a pain.  It's an okay game.. mostly purchasing a handful of item cards at the start and then dicing your way through decks of monster/trap cards.  Not something I'd play very long-term.  I probably should've just picked it up on my Kindle instead.