The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Assassin's Creed III standard edition on sale for 11.99 at Steam (regularly 29.99), deluxe edition 23.99 (regularly 59.99) until 10/11.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

GoG.com is having a Gov't Shutdown promo.  Plus, if you're a furloughed gubbermint worker and have a letter to prove it...you can pick up the games in the promo for free.

http://www.gog.com/promo/shutdown_promo_091013

Showing you how government works, in case yours doesn't!
Speaking from one organization that has had an unpopular shutdown to another: America. What are you doing? America? Stahp.

Shutdowns are never popular, and all of the polls show that this is not a big hit with most Americans either. Americans may be looking for something fun to do, since all their parks are closed for the moment. Thankfully your favorite purveyor of digital games is here to help. It occurs to us that one of the problems may be that there are people on Capitol Hill who don't know what a functioning government looks like, so we thought we'd help and point a few out with a special 24-hour 50% off Shutdown Promo.

The Guild: Gold Edition is a great place to see where the term "Machiavellian Politics" originated from. If you're looking to find a land where earning power was the key to success in the political arena, look no further. Meanwhile, in Capitalism Plus and Capitalism 2, you can get the best economic sims that money can buy half off and see for yourself how a demand economy functions. Tropico Reloaded is 50% off as a reminder of what can happen when governments go awry, and Alpha Centauri (with the Alien Crossfire expansion!) has more different styles of governments modeled than you can shake a stick at. So, really, these games are a quick lesson in civic government. Because we're concerned for you guys.

There has been a lot of furor over health care in America leading up to this shutdown, and we think it's a shame so many people are upset about medicine and how to treat each other. To help further our educational mission for this promo, we figured we'd put Theme Hospital in the sale as well, because that way you can judge for yourself just how tricky it can be to balance the needs of sick patients against limited budgets. Finally, for reasons entirely unrelated to who may or may not have been involved in shutting down the US Government, we also appear to have Redneck Rampage on sale 50% off.

Finally, we would like to express our condolences to everyone who's been furloughed by the shutdown. More than that, actually, we'd like to offer you the games pack of our special Shutdown Promo for free. Send an email to thanksobama@gog.com with your picture holding the official furlough letter you received, before Friday 11 October 2013 at 12:00 EDT and we'll give you The Guild: Gold Edition, Capitalism, Capitalism 2, Tropico: Gold Edition, Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire, Theme Hospital, and Redneck Rampage free.

We hope the games will keep you all occupied while you're waiting for someone on Capitol Hill to get their act together. Meanwhile, get The Guild, Capitalism Plus, Capitalism 2, Tropico: Gold Edition, Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire, Theme Hospital, and Redneck Rampage 50% off (or free if you met the requirements above), in our special Shutdown Promo! The offer lasts until Thursday, October 10, at 12:59PM GMT.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

...some more GoG.com specials:

Divinity: Dragon Commander is 40% off (that's only $23.99) until 3.59 AM GMT on 14 October 2013.

Divinity: Dragon Commander--Imperial Edition also is 40% off (that's only $26.99).

[update:  same prices on Steam for the weekend]

...and

Buy any game on GOG.com and get the Witcher 1, too, free for a limited time!
This is the final week of our 5th Birthday Celebration. We're going to go above and beyond the call of birthday, though, and give you guys something incredible for our final thank you: buy anything on GOG.com--yes, anything--and get a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition with any purchase.

In case you don't know about it (how don't you know about it if you've found your way here?) the game has been lauded as:

"a fantastic RPG, and an amazing achievement for first-time Polish developer CD Projekt" (PC Gamer)

and

"one of the most engrossing, mature games in years" (Gamespot).

It's a definite must-have for all RPG fans and, frankly, all story-oriented mature gamers, and now, for an entire week it comes at an unbeatable price of free!

Combine that with the sale that we have right now on Divinity: Dragon Commander for extra promotional goodness, or find anything else that strikes your fancy and get a copy of the Witcher. Buy one for your friends--heck, at this price go ahead and buy one for people you don't even like all that much. ;)

This special offer lasts until Thursday, October 17 at 9:59 AM GMT
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

GamersGate is currently running a "loyalty deal" for Europa Universalis IV until Oct. 16.  Both the regular version and the Extreme Edition are 25% off. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

republic

Humble Weekly Bundle:

Just $1 is required to get Steam keys for Cities XL Platinum, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Divinity II: Developer's Cut, R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War, Confrontation and Game of Thrones. If you pay $6 or more, you'll also receive Wargame: European Escalation and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes!

www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Huw the Poo

Yeah that's a damn good bundle.  I'll get it for Cities alone.  I'm sure my lady will play the Sherlock Holmes game too.

PanzersEast

Pretty good bundle.... all the games I have now my back log is full.... even at a cheap price.

PE

steve58

Tower Wars $2 at Steam until 10/14.  This one didn't have much (any?) single player when it was first released, but they've added it in the latest update.

Huw the Poo

StarDrive is 66% off on Steam.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: republic on October 10, 2013, 02:27:12 PM
Humble Weekly Bundle:

Just $1 is required to get Steam keys for Cities XL Platinum, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Divinity II: Developer's Cut, R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War, Confrontation and Game of Thrones. If you pay $6 or more, you'll also receive Wargame: European Escalation and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes!

www.humblebundle.com/weekly

That's a REALLY good bundle!

I've never bought anything from HB before and just tried two different debit cards - neither of them work. Money isn't the issue; their billing page keeps telling me "card and zip do not match." It's highlighting my state as if that's an issue. Both these cards work fine elsewhere and I made certain both accounts are in order. I don't know what the deal is...anyone ever have this happen to them?

smittyohio

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 10, 2013, 02:40:49 PM
Yeah that's a damn good bundle.  I'll get it for Cities alone.  I'm sure my lady will play the Sherlock Holmes game too.

Can someone clarify something for me... The bundle contains Cities XL platinum, which appears to be an expansion, requiring ownership of Cities XL.  Is this correct?

-budd-

GOG is giving away the witcher enhanced edition directors cut free with any purchase until OCT 17th. EA titles on sale.

http://www.gog.com/promo/exciting_ea_exclusives_111013

thinking of picking up DK2
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

steve58

Quote from: smittyohio on October 11, 2013, 06:35:51 AM

Can someone clarify something for me... The bundle contains Cities XL platinum, which appears to be an expansion, requiring ownership of Cities XL.  Is this correct?

I've got Cities XL Platinum and never had a previous version.  Cities XL Platinum is a stand-alone, not an expansion.  There was quite a bit of grumbling around the internet when it came out because it did not add much more than a few new buildings to the previous version...

smittyohio

Quote from: steve58 on October 11, 2013, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: smittyohio on October 11, 2013, 06:35:51 AM

I've got Cities XL Platinum and never had a previous version.  Cities XL Platinum is a stand-alone, not an expansion.  There was quite a bit of grumbling around the internet when it came out because it did not add much more than a few new buildings to the previous version...

Cool, thx!   For some reason amazon lists that it requires another version.    Good to know