The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

That Bundlestars bundle is worth it for The Void alone; one of the most memorable gaming experiences it's possible to have.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2013, 07:19:25 AM
What is The Void?

Ha!  That's a tough question to answer!  It's a first-person adventure, I suppose, from the utterly mental developers Ice-Pick Lodge.  Briefly, you are someone who has just died and, instead of arriving in the "real" afterlife, you've been diverted into the Void.  It is a bleak, colourless land populated by strange creatures.  You immediately encounter a Sister, who sort of takes you under her wing and explains that the most precious substance in the Void is colour, and it's an extremely scarce resource.  You learn to find, harvest and refine it.  Colour is everything; your mana, your weapon, your means of communicating...everything.

It gets really weird from there.  Essentially, I suppose it's kind of a first person real time strategy survival horror game (not scary horror, just unsettling).  I'm loathe to explain any further - I've only covered the first five minutes of the game.  I urge everyone to play it because it's absolutely unique, and quite an experience.

mirth

Damn! Arkham City GOTY for $7.50?! There goes all my free time.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Thanks Huw...sounds like a subtle freak out.

Green Man is having a 'scary' sale this weekend!! Get to steppin'!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: mirth on October 18, 2013, 12:42:52 PM
Damn! Arkham City GOTY for $7.50?! There goes all my free time.

Arkham City GOTY for that price is a steal!  Great game, I picked it up for 19.99.  I don't regret not waiting for a price drop like 7.50 though.  It's well worth the price of admission.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CptHowdy

both batman games are great. I actually finished arkham city. granted there are achievments, collectibles, riddler stuff that I never even came close to getting or even attempted to get but still got plenty of time in game just for the story.

Nefaro

Quote from: CptHowdy on October 18, 2013, 03:06:44 PM
both batman games are great. I actually finished arkham city. granted there are achievments, collectibles, riddler stuff that I never even came close to getting or even attempted to get but still got plenty of time in game just for the story.

I just got a code for a free copy of the latest one.  I'm guessing it's the same gameplay as the previous couple?

BanzaiCat

I'm seeing something called The Stanley Parable on Steam and despite having read the description and watched all three of its trailers, I still have no idea what the purpose of this game is, except to be full of witty, dry British humour.

CptHowdy

Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2013, 03:09:36 PM

I just got a code for a free copy of the latest one.  I'm guessing it's the same gameplay as the previous couple?

you got a code for a free arkham origins? there are only two batman games so far-asylum and city, origins is the third. I haven't seen any gameplay vids for origins but I would assume they haven't strayed far from what made the first two so good.

Nefaro

Quote from: CptHowdy on October 18, 2013, 04:06:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2013, 03:09:36 PM

you got a code for a free arkham origins? there are only two batman games so far-asylum and city, origins is the third. I haven't seen any gameplay vids for origins but I would assume they haven't strayed far from what made the first two so good.

Yes, I got a free code for Origins with my new vid card.

I also have Arkham City GOTY but I can't play it on a monitor due to it's low FOV (being a console port).  Bad motion sickness.  However, I may give the new one a try, running it on the 46" tv from a long distance away, with a 360 controller, since the situation is probably still the same.  No problems then.

Gusington

What does make the Batman games so good?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CptHowdy

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2013, 07:25:08 PM
What does make the Batman games so good?

story, characters, cutscenes, controls were easy and i used mouse+keyboard. the ambiance, you had arkham asylum and gotham to run around in. the combat had choices, you could take em out one by one with stealth or just go in with batarangs blazing! world is multileveled meaning you can run along the streets or go from rooftop to rooftop. I never felt limited as to my options. you leveled up and put points into better armor, better gadgets etc...

W8taminute

^Nicely summed up.  I totally agree with CptHowdy's assessment. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mirth

+1 to what has been said about the Batman  games. Bottom line is that playing the game makes you feel like a badass Batman while still being fun and challenging.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus