The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thanks Capt. I have one of the games that I got on sale somewhere...I think it's the first one.

Do these games have creepy elements? With Arkham involved they have to eh?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
Thanks Capt. I have one of the games that I got on sale somewhere...I think it's the first one.

The first game is by its nature much creepier... wait you haven't played these games yet? WHY ARE YOU SPENDING TIME ON THE INTERNET, IF YOU HAVE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST INTEREST IN BATMAN OR ANYTHING VAGUELY BATMAN RELATED YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING THESE GAMES!

But yes, the first game is rather more Halloweenish in its design than the second. Very autumny and scarecrowy and claustrophobic and oppressive and things are more likely to jump out of nowhere at you especially later in the game screaming REALLY REALLY LOUD and making you pee.

If, y'know, Batman ever peed from being shocked. Which never, ever happened. Ever. Because that's completely stupid. But this might do it.

Seriously, the first game often gets across the vibe of Batman fighting a fearful environment by being scarier. The second game not so much, but it's arguably even better overall in many ways. Both are absolutely excellent polished game designs, featuring the now-classic vocal talents from the 90s animated series reprising many of the key and secondary roles.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 14, 2013, 01:20:43 PM
Noticed JA2 Gold is now $4.99 on STEAM.

PE

I have no idea how many versions of that game I own, and I don't think I've ever even played a single moment of it yet. But I still bought the Steam version anyway while it was on sale. This probably means something, but I'm a little scared to investigate what.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

CptHowdy

obviously the settings themselves are creepy but the villians are as well. I didn't go in knowing a lot about the villians such as the joker, harlie Quinn, scarecrow, some serial murder guy, etc... very creepy stuff when you get bits of info about them during the story and you never know when you will run into them!

Arctic Blast

Not necessarily creepy, but the Scarecrow segments from the first game feature some of the most creatively insane things I have ever seen in a game.

eyebiter

Toonces

Thanks to Ladonis down in my WW2 thread for pointing this out. 

There is a 1C bundle sale on a site called Groupees.  Basically you pick as many of the 25 games as you want and it gives you a suggested price and a minimum.  Min for 2 games is $1, 3 is $1.50.  Also, if you buy two games you get like 6 more games as bonuses.

I did it through Amazon and the Steam keys are individual, not tied to the bundle, so you can give them away to your friends if you have extras. 

Really good deal...I got Men of War Assault Squad (finally) for a single buck!

http://groupees.com/1cmb
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Scarecrowy...I can't not like that.

And Men of War Assault Squad for a dollah??

That is the one with the playable Japanese right?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CptHowdy

sir, you are being hunted. 50% off on steam. midweek madness ends the 25th.

Gusington

New Rome II: Total War DLC for Nomadic Tribes (Roxolani, Scythia, Massagate) available for free starting today on Steam. After 10/29 this DLC will be 7.99.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 22, 2013, 01:44:02 PM
New Rome II: Total War DLC for Nomadic Tribes (Roxolani, Scythia, Massagate) available for free starting today on Steam. After 10/29 this DLC will be 7.99.

Interesting.

I thought "Free until 10/29" meant that it's a limited-time demo kind of thing.  But it's showing up in my owned DLC list, so I dunno. *shrug*

Gusington

If you download before 10/29, you pay nothing. I got mine(s). Looking forward to the Scythians. Yet another little tidbit that will get me back into Rome II sooner rather than later.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: CptHowdy on October 22, 2013, 01:05:24 PM
sir, you are being hunted. 50% off on steam. midweek madness ends the 25th.

Yeppy yep, snagged it myself!

Since Cpt beat me to the news, allow me to present the lesser news that Fantasy Wars is 75% on Steam. (I had thought Elven Legacy and its DLC was already on Steam, but Steam disagrees with me, insert digestion joke here. But the EL collection is available at Gamersgate.)

Anyone who loves (1) Panzer General and (2) classic high fantasy tropes (thus also Fantasy General which this was originally designed as an updated remake of), and would like a colorful game with 3D art in their turn-based battles, should find this well worth the normal $15 asking price not even counting the sale! (Ditto for the sequel EL collection over at Gamersgate.) Be aware that although the game design is generally much improved over FG, the music is tripe at best, and the English spoken talent is spotty; also the map design can be brutal, forcing hard choices over whether to risk failing the map turn limit in order to pick up extra gold/loot. Still, it's brutal in that Panzer Generalish fair way: the AI knows how to use the rules and the map and will HURT YOU if you don't think about how to use the rules to your own best advantage. (And sometimes even then, due to randomness, but the randomness is fairly applied to each side.)

Toonces

Not to totally steal my man JasonPratt's thunder here (but I'm going to), you can get an even better deal by purchasing Fantasy Wars through the Groupees 1C bundle...you can get Fantasy Wars, plus one other game of your choice, plus 6 additional bonus games, for a mere $1.

Why pay more?   8)

http://groupees.com/1cmb

Five hours left as of 9:49pm EST so don't wait!

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Good call! -- does that include the Elven Legacy collection as the optional second game?  ;D

Wait, duh, the sale is over, nevermind. (And it doesn't.)