The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

WOW! Go to Matrix games and check out their sale. For once, it is a recent title.  Conflict of Heroes.

JasonPratt

^^ Their title sales have gotten progressively more recent for a while, but this is certainly on the top end of that trend!

Here's the page link for the sale. Both ConoHer and its expansion are on sale. $30 total for the digital-only versions; $50 total for the boxed (and digital) set.

Up to now they were putting titles on sale I already owned (or happened not to care about, which is rare). I'll most probably snag this one this week. For, um, birthday purposes, yeah!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

^Good prices...and they probably won't be lower even during their annual Christmas sale.  The sales thing must be working for them otherwise they'd probably have killed it by now...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

^ True, their Christmas sale usually only goes 30% and tends not to put the newest games on sale anyway.

And true, it's hard to argue they're only getting desperate and trying ever-newer titles at this point. :) Yay for them if it's working! Maybe even more yay for them keeping it up this long if it's not working, for that matter!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

I heard a rumour the World in Flames, manuals and map pack will be 50% off at the Christmas sale.

And I shot me out the sky one of them pigs yesterday - so I'll have a nice ham joint to chew on whilst I play!
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

WTF.  My Matrix Members Club login just plain doesn't work anymore.   Evidentally.. neither does the password retrieval.  ::)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: jomni on November 11, 2013, 05:30:16 AM
WOW! Go to Matrix games and check out their sale. For once, it is a recent title.  Conflict of Heroes.

...and a new stand-alone Conflict of Heroes announced today as well.  Looks like maybe Matrixgames has an ulterior motive for this particular sale...not that thats a bad thing.  :)

Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel Announced!

Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) is pleased to announce that the Conflict of Heroes' series will soon add a new title!

Based directly on the original boardgame,  Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel will be released on the 20th of November 2013 thanks to Western Civilization Software (www.west-civ.com).

The game relives the moments of Operation Citadel, when the German Army tried to overcome the Soviet forces in its major offensive on the Eastern Front in 1943.  The clash of the full might of the two warring powers culminated in the largest tank battle in history, outside Prokhorovka, where 900 Soviet tanks charged 600 German panzers to neutralize the German long range advantage.  The result cost Germany the strategic initiative and helped turn the war in favor of the Allies.

Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel puts you in command of the fast-paced and fiery firefights of the Battle of Kursk and allows you to make the tactical choices and experience the challenges of this massive and decisive battle. It adds fifteen new firefights, new terrain types, over fifty new units like New AT Guns, Marders, Panzers, troop transports, Panthers, Tigers, T-70's, Grenadier Squads, and much more along with new rules for fighters and sniper units.

Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel is a stand-alone game and DOESN'T REQUIRE ownership of Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear.  It will also work as an expansion if you already own Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

The 2nd day sales at the new Humble Bundle Store.  Good for another 18 hours or so...

Today's new deals:

Antichamber (Steam) - $5.99
Planetary Annihilation Beta (Steam) - $39.99
Receiver (Steam+DRM-free)- $1.99
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Steam) - $7.49
Blade Symphony Pre-order (Steam) - $7.49
Papers, Please (Steam+DRM-free) - $5.99
Guild Wars 2 - $29.99
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) - $4.99
Alan Wake Franchise (Steam) - $5.99

Guild Wars 2 and Blood Dragon are NA only, the rest are available worldwide. Blood Dragon probably needs a Uplay account as well.

mirth

Quote from: eyebiter on November 05, 2013, 08:21:34 PM
Humble WB Games Bundle, all activate on Steam
http://www.humblebundle.com/

$1
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
F.E.A.R. 2:Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Lord of the Rings:War in the North

Beat the average for (currently $4.55) to unlock
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman: Arkham City GOTY

They've added quite a bit more to this bundle if you pay above the current average of $4.71, including the original F.E.A.R. and the Steely Dawn Starter Pack for LoTR Online.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

GOG.com has been posting flash sales tonight.   Stuff going for less than two bucks.  Going fast.

http://www.gog.com/

Staggerwing

Quote from: Nefaro on November 14, 2013, 07:30:54 PM
GOG.com has been posting flash sales tonight.   Stuff going for less than two bucks.  Going fast.

http://www.gog.com/

Right now it's Lords of Midnight. Now I know where Huw got his avatar.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I'm tempted to pick up Wasteland.

eyebiter