The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Kerbal Space Program on sale this weekend at Steam for $16.19

IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover $4.99 Daily Deal at Gamersgate (Steam key)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: steve58 on November 15, 2013, 10:02:53 AM

Still not worth it.  I re-installed it and updated to the latest TF mod to see if they fixed anything.  AA is still absent so it looks like crap.  UI is still terrible.  I tried making a quick mission and even after all this time, modding, and patching, you still have almost no control over the mission parameters.

If you choose "even dogfight", the Axis side will always be Italian, even if you give them German planes.  The AI is still terrible as well.  I set up a quick dogfight of 3 Hurricanes vs. 4 Bf-109 E3's.  Three of the Bf-109s dove straight into the sea.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 15, 2013, 04:04:01 PM

Still not worth it.  I re-installed it and updated to the latest TF mod to see if they fixed anything.  AA is still absent so it looks like crap.  UI is still terrible.  I tried making a quick mission and even after all this time, modding, and patching, you still have almost no control over the mission parameters.

If you choose "even dogfight", the Axis side will always be Italian, even if you give them German planes.  The AI is still terrible as well.  I set up a quick dogfight of 3 Hurricanes vs. 4 Bf-109 E3's.  Three of the Bf-109s dove straight into the sea.

Shocking.

And these devs are creating a new one?!

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on November 15, 2013, 04:29:30 PM

Shocking.

When I was playing this before.. MP was very cool on the ATAG server.. good people good action.. I just don't have the eyesight to do the fighters.. But I really enjoyed Skip Bombing with the Bleinhem's..

Toonces

JustFlight is having a sale: BAE-146, L-1011, Traffic 360 each on sale for $8 (download only).

www.justflight.com
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Tuna on November 15, 2013, 11:47:35 PM

When I was playing this before.. MP was very cool on the ATAG server.. good people good action.. I just don't have the eyesight to do the fighters.. But I really enjoyed Skip Bombing with the Bleinhem's..

Yeah, I heard MP was decent.  That's the main reason I decided to re-install.  Going to give it a whirl with the SimHQ team of drunken Brits.

You should join up for ArmA III.  The guys have created some really decent MP co-op and PvP missions already.  Server's down this weekend but the Monday night session should be up and running.  Been getting 25-30 players most weeks.

Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 16, 2013, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: Tuna on November 15, 2013, 11:47:35 PM

Yeah, I heard MP was decent.  That's the main reason I decided to re-install.  Going to give it a whirl with the SimHQ team of drunken Brits.

You should join up for ArmA III.  The guys have created some really decent MP co-op and PvP missions already.  Server's down this weekend but the Monday night session should be up and running.  Been getting 25-30 players most weeks.

I don't own ArmA III yet, but I may be up for CloD with them. Is this the same guys we played IronFront with?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  Some of those guys and quite a few others.

Staggerwing

Anvil of Dawn is on sale at GOG for $1.49 right now. I didn't play it back in the day but at that price I'll just save it for a rainy day novelty.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Quote from: Nefaro on November 15, 2013, 04:29:30 PM

Shocking.

...and you can even get Early Access for the low, low price of ....$94.99  :o  I think I'll wait a year or so and grab it when it too hits $5.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Rayfer

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 16, 2013, 08:42:07 AM
Anvil of Dawn is on sale at GOG for $1.49 right now. I didn't play it back in the day but at that price I'll just save it for a rainy day novelty.

Get a cup of coffee or other beverage of choice....IMHO it's that bad.

Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 16, 2013, 12:38:23 AM
Yup.  Some of those guys and quite a few others.

Do they have Bomber crews? When do they play?
Might have to re-learn startup procedures and figure out what keys I have assigned to what!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: steve58 on November 16, 2013, 09:24:33 AM
...and you can even get Early Access for the low, low price of ....$94.99  :o  I think I'll wait a year or so and grab it when it too hits $5.

$94.99 to be a beta tester? What the hell are they smoking?!

steve58

Just saw that NWS has WARSHIP COMBAT: NAVIES AT WAR on sale for $24.99.

Matrixgames Deal of the Week...takes a break:

We just want to inform you that since from the 21st of November we are going to run our Holiday's sale (more details coming soon), there won't be any Deal of the Week until the end of this special promotion. We are sure you will not be disappointed!

Thank you

The Team

Jarhead0331

We MUST be playing different games. My experience with the TF Mod has been stunning.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18