The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

The Get Loaded deal has Batman: Arkham City and Red Orchestra 2 GOTY edition, among others.

http://getloadedgo.com/

Also, Super Meat Boy, which I think I bought on Steam for two bucks but never played.

mirth

I can't give Arkham City away :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Really? I have Arkham Asylum and thought it was enjoyable.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Nefaro on November 22, 2013, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2013, 07:46:00 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 21, 2013, 03:17:04 PM

Been thinking of finally diving into ARMA II.   Or just playing some Rising Storm.

if youre thinking of multiplayer action, it may just be me but i find the Arma II servers now to be just Day Z and the main Arma II crowd have migrated to III

but cant be beat for SP mission building action

I haven't even bothered looking at ARMA III because of the tendency for the ARMA series to be in bad shape on release, and requiring plenty of updates.  I'm sure the die-hards are all over it but I don't have much faith in it being relatively bug-free near release so I've not bothered.  I'm not a big FPS-er anymore, anyway. 

After firing up the training mission, and doing the MOUT training in the little village,  I can see that this is my kind of shooter.  Although the first-person view doesn't quite sit well with me and the third-person view is better but difficult to aim from the hip with the tiny aimpoint marker.  I can't find a happy medium there.  :-\ 

I considered checking out Day-Z but it's not high on my list.  I suppose that if I'm looking for multi-player I'll just resort to Rising Storm as there are numerous full servers for that.   I'm  having more trouble telling friend from foe on the Realism servers (which all the populated ones are) more so than I did in Red Orchestra 2.  I think it's a mix of the overdone Bloom (I'll call it the Half-Blind effect) and the uniforms being nearly the same color.  I did terrible last night.  My last match was something like 3 kills and 6 deaths.  :o

I'm kinda curious about the Viking game from the guys that did War Of The Roses, but it's still in alpha or beta.

ArmA III really benefited from releasing the alpha and beta versions to the public.  The final release is very stable and polished. 

Anyway, if you like ArmA II, you should have a look at the ACE mod.  It adds a lot of cool new toys, maps, and features.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

ArmA III really benefited from releasing the alpha and beta versions to the public.  The final release is very stable and polished. 

Anyway, if you like ArmA II, you should have a look at the ACE mod.  It adds a lot of cool new toys, maps, and features.

Thanks SDR.

Toonces

Thanks for the head's up on ARMA 2 complete.  I've been missing a couple of the DLC's, but for $8 I just bought the whole smack on Steam.  That's an awful log of gaming for less than a McD's value meal.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

The Brit DLC is especially good.  Really enjoyed the campaign in that one.

W8taminute

Quote from: Toonces on November 23, 2013, 02:48:24 AM
...That's an awful log of gaming for less than a McD's value meal.

+1

And the games will last for as long as Steam is available but the value meal from Micky D's will be gone within 24hrs.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Hopefully in that you'll be able to get rid of the consumed value meal or that Steam will be around for a long time?   :D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

OH GOD HELP ME IM TRAPPED IN A HOBBY LOBBY WITH MY WIFE...

Ahem...sorry.

Toonces

^ oh man, that's going to leave a scar.   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

It's a chain of "big box" arts-and-crafts stores.  The only men who wander in there by themselves are generally lost... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Quote from: Martok on November 23, 2013, 03:15:37 PM
It's a chain of "big box" arts-and-crafts stores.  The only men who wander in there by themselves are generally lost...

Huh. If banzai is stuck there for a while then he might as well reconnoiter for materials suitable towards scratch building minis terrain or something like that.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys