The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2013, 03:18:43 PM
Quote from: Martok on November 23, 2013, 03:15:37 PM
It's a chain of "big box" arts-and-crafts stores.  The only men who wander in there by themselves are generally lost...

Huh. If banzai is stuck there for a while then he might as well reconnoiter for materials suitable towards scratch building minis terrain or something like that.

Trust me...I occupied myself by doing JUST that. Even though I'm no minis-modeler, I would see stuff and think "hey, that would make cool scrub brush/bushes...and that styrofoam could totally be carved into a burned-out cafe or something for a machinegun team to use as cover..."

You gotta do what you gotta do in trying times.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 23, 2013, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2013, 03:18:43 PM
Quote from: Martok on November 23, 2013, 03:15:37 PM
It's a chain of "big box" arts-and-crafts stores.  The only men who wander in there by themselves are generally lost...

Huh. If banzai is stuck there for a while then he might as well reconnoiter for materials suitable towards scratch building minis terrain or something like that.

Trust me...I occupied myself by doing JUST that. Even though I'm no minis-modeler, I would see stuff and think "hey, that would make cool scrub brush/bushes...and that styrofoam could totally be carved into a burned-out cafe or something for a machinegun team to use as cover..."

You gotta do what you gotta do in trying times.

My local one actually has the specific imitation mini terrain stuff, along with a modelling kit/paint isle.

steve58

For those of us whose systems can't handle X Rebirth :(, Starpoint Gemini 2 is on sale for $16.09 at Gamersgate.  Activates on Steam.  Includes a free copy of Starpoint Gemini 1.

Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in an advanced Beta stage with most of its features in-play but not yet finished. This means the game will continue to be improved and updated on a regular basis with bug fixes, balance tuning, AI improvements, as well as additional content.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on November 25, 2013, 04:55:51 PM
For those of us whose systems can't handle X Rebirth :(, Starpoint Gemini 2 is on sale for $16.09 at Gamersgate.  Activates on Steam.  Includes a free copy of Starpoint Gemini 1.

Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in an advanced Beta stage with most of its features in-play but not yet finished. This means the game will continue to be improved and updated on a regular basis with bug fixes, balance tuning, AI improvements, as well as additional content.

I'll likely enjoy SPG2 more than X:Rebirth once they finish it, sometime in the future.  It has a lot more ship customization, including ships and equippables.  I'm not currently all that happy with how overly sensitive the mouse controls are but I expect that to get adjusted.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

republic

The Steam "Autumn Sale" has come for all of our wallets...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Indeed. I picked up about $50 worth of discounted games off my Steam wishlist tonight. (The most expensive being the final DOW2 game. FINALLY!!)

I thought about getting Rise of Flight and some selected expansions, but I had kind of decided a while back to pick up... whatever the 3rd game is instead... not RoF or OFF. Dangit. (I'll have to peruse old Grogthreads to find it.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I got Space Empires V yesterday from the Strategy First sale.  Thanks Greybriar.  Now I have SEIV and SEV. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

GamerGate has a number of games on a (presumably) 24-hour sale, including Europa Universalis IV for $20.00 and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for $9.99.  Just a little over 17 hours left! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on November 28, 2013, 10:47:03 AM
GamerGate has a number of games on a (presumably) 24-hour sale, including Europa Universalis IV for $20.00 and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for $9.99.  Just a little over 17 hours left!

i was just about to post saying im looking for a Fallen Enchantress sale - Huw poked me into it and i think it was you Martok who couldnt stop playing it a while back

that is the most recent one isnt it?

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 11:00:43 AM
Quote from: Martok on November 28, 2013, 10:47:03 AM

i was just about to post saying im looking for a Fallen Enchantress sale - Huw poked me into it and i think it was you Martok who couldnt stop playing it a while back

that is the most recent one isnt it?
Yes, Legendary Heroes is the newest game in the Elemental series.  And I still can't stop playing it.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces