The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

'cos they want to clear their store?

Not being funny - just guessing. With the popularity of digital download, perhaps they just need to push their physical copies....they probably cost them the most in terms of business costs
Alba gu' brath

steve58

yeah, I figured.  I'm more upset with myself, than JustFlight.  They had the BAE146 package on sale recently for $8 and by the time I decided I might want it, the sale was over. Was hoping to see a simillar price in their holiday sale, but now its $32...ya snooze, ya lose.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

Man, that JustFlight sale sucks.   :'(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Yep it does....

I grabbed Orbx Pacific Northwest for 12 bucks from Flightsimstore.com

Seems pretty cool.. and that was a great price..

Got FSDreamTeams JFK from PCAviator on Wednesday for like 21 bucks I think.. another good deal..

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 27, 2013, 10:49:07 PM

I thought about getting Rise of Flight and some selected expansions, but I had kind of decided a while back to pick up... whatever the 3rd game is instead... not RoF or OFF. Dangit. (I'll have to peruse old Grogthreads to find it.)

The third sim you're thinking of would likely be First Eagles 2 from Third Wire.  It's a decent enough game but it's nowhere near as immersive as Rise Of Flight in my opinion.  It also doesn't come close to RoF's graphics (which run surprisingly well for how good they look). 

Sure, First Eagles 2 has a random campaign system but it's really just a series of randomized missions and the environment feels a bit stale.  ROF has two different randomized campaigns available.. an official Beta one you get with the game and a user-created Mod you can download from the ROF site.  The random campaign mod is reportedly better in some ways but the official Beta ones looks like it has a pretty sweet interface that tracks all yours and your squadron's info, map location, etc.   My only complaint about ROF thus far is that you have to log in to their servers to use their Beta campaign.   Oh!  And having to adjust the joystick curve to lessen the rate of pitch constantly going up/down in level flight - it can be quite strong in some of them.

In short, I have enjoyed ROF far more than First Eagles 2.  I believe all the ROF stuff is 50% off on the Steam sale right now.

Grim.Reaper

Anyone play crisis 3?  I see it is only $8.99 at Gamersgate......

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-C3/crysis-3

JudgeDredd

aw bugger. Had to get that. I liked the original...some pretty cool concepts in the game and well implemented. For £6 it's a no brainer
Alba gu' brath

steve58

Sale at Rise of Flight store.  Includes planes, field mods, maps, etc

From November 27th till December 4th you will be able to purchase ANY Rise of Flight product with a 50% discount! Be it a item that you have been wanting to have or a present for a friend - all released planes, weapon and field mods, personalization packs and maps - everything goes at half-price!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jack Nastyface

Any feedback on some of the games on sale at strategy first?  In particular I am looking at Star Wolves 2, Victorian Admirals anthology, Ironclads, or Men of War Vietnam.
...and anyone played Emergency 3?
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I've always wanted to get into the Ironclads series but the reviews have been lukewarm at best through the years.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I've heard the FE2 campaign system is more truly dynamic than RoF's career mode; but to make the best use of it, I discovered I was going to need to mod stew the game out the wazoo. This was after I bought a copy. ;) I'll still probably work on that someday.

I went ahead with Steam's RoF, since I also heard that PatrickW's campaign generator was steadily improving up to FE2's standard; and I spent a few days getting that in gear (having bought all but 2 of Steam's DLC along the way for a reasonably immersive 1916 campaign. Apparently FE2 can go further back into 1915 for the Eindecker "Fokker scourge".) While I upgraded to a Thrustmaster HOTAS and thruster combo a little while back (which can also be used for PS3 games), my old original Thrustmaster stick is still sitting in the shadow under my monitor table; and I'm pretty sure it dates back to the original Red Baron, the first game I ever had for my first IBM PC machine. :) Nostalgia is good.

(I did however learn that RoF features one more old pusher scout/bomber which I can't use on Steam because the planes aren't compatible or something! Arghsighs.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

eyebiter

Toonces

Saw Rome 2 on Steam for 50% off... $30.  Damn I feel foolish paying $60 like two months ago now!   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Me too. And I gifted it as well :/ :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd