Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

But I'll bet my ass we do it again for the next big one and the one after that

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2013, 10:24:57 AM
Me too. And I gifted it as well :/ :/
If it makes you feel any better, I'm having fun with it!  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Toonces on December 01, 2013, 05:18:34 AM
Saw Rome 2 on Steam for 50% off... $30.  Damn I feel foolish paying $60 like two months ago now!   :-[

Me too. I'm playing the hell out of it and enjoying every minute, but I knew if I waited a month or two I could get it cheaper. Grrrr to my lack of willpower....

BanzaiCat

The last game I bought on Steam for full price was Xcom. I won't do it again...I don't care how badly I want it, because it know now that my $50 gets a lot more traction if I wait a while. And Steam always has surprises.

Gusington

^I have to go back to thinking that way. I did for a long time and then stopped.

I'm happy you're enjoying it Martok. It salves the sting...a bit :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

got a couple more in my cart waiting.

Payday the heist $1.99  ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/

Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack $1.24 .. http://store.steampowered.com/app/235585/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack $1.24.... http://store.steampowered.com/app/99614/

think those are the last 2 DLC's i don't have for Civ 5   

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 01, 2013, 02:12:29 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 01, 2013, 05:18:34 AM
Saw Rome 2 on Steam for 50% off... $30.  Damn I feel foolish paying $60 like two months ago now!   :-[

Me too. I'm playing the hell out of it and enjoying every minute, but I knew if I waited a month or two I could get it cheaper. Grrrr to my lack of willpower....

I dunno.. if it's something I'm really looking forward to, I may still order it at release.  Pre-order?  Doubtful on that for the big dollar titles.

The trick is to not slavishly keep track of games' pre-release progress and hype.  I don't even bother checking around for release time estimates anymore, much less peruse pre-release screenshots and such unless someone happens to post some on a forum.  This is the trick to curbing the urge to pre-order.  Cut the problem off at the source, baby.  :D   It can even be a pleasant surprise when one gets released earlier than you might expect, and is fairly issue-free.

The only one I've checked on lately is Sovereignty over at the Matrix forum and I doubt we'll be seeing it for awhile yet.  That's the only one I plan on picking up shortly after release right now.. if there's no insane Matrix pricing hooplah.

PanzersEast

Noticed GamersGate had Dominions IV on sale for $20.99 and Conquest of Elysium 3 for $2.49... good deal.

PE

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2013, 07:20:24 PM
I'm happy you're enjoying it Martok. It salves the sting...a bit :)
(One could easily make a homoerotic comment involving you and mirth/Star in response to that last sentence, but I'm not going there. :P ) 

Seriously, though, I really am getting hooked on Rome 2.  It's got the right level of atmosphere/immersion that I felt the first one utterly lacked, and the AI (while obviously far from perfect) is much better than its namesake predecessor as well.  It's not as "good" a game as Shogun 2 IMHO, but I'm probably enjoying it more. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

So then all of us who were demanding you get it because we thought you would like it were...correct?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

it just leaves Martok with a prime opportunity to force feed you a game you didnt think youd enjoy

Nefaro

Note that the sale on Dominions 4 at 40% off is just a Monday deal as far as I can tell.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM4TA/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascension?aff=ggnews

The Gamersgate Newsletter lists it as a "Cyber Monday" deal.  So it must be One Day Only.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Planetary Annihilation is on sale 33% off. It comes to $40 and change now.  It is still in beta, but it has come a long way. It looks really good and there is a pretty competent AI commander available now. Might be a good time to jump in if you've been on the fence.  I haven't played a lot, but I plan to focus in on this one in the coming days, so stay tuned for impressions if you're still not quite ready to take the plunge.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 03, 2013, 07:43:54 AM
Planetary Annihilation is on sale 33% off. It comes to $40 and change now.  It is still in beta, but it has come a long way. It looks really good and there is a pretty competent AI commander available now. Might be a good time to jump in if you've been on the fence.  I haven't played a lot, but I plan to focus in on this one in the coming days, so stay tuned for impressions if you're still not quite ready to take the plunge.

i may be wrong but i get the impression its the clickiest of click fests ive seen - no strategy just scoop all you have and point, and then micromanage this across different planets - i hope im wrong