The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Is that you before you fire the game up?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2013, 01:00:15 PM
@Martok...VICTORY :)

I'm pretty sure he's singing this song aloud right now.

Gusington

I was thinking more along the lines of Apocalypse Now but ok.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Moar helicopters and Wagner spilling from loudspeakers...can't argue with that logic.

Gusington

Totally off topic but the older I get the more totally f'd up Apocalypse Now becomes.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Dude, it was f'd up the minute FFC dreamed it up.

Gusington

Yeah but when I was 13 I didn't realize that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I was 11. I remember thinking, why are they doing all this talking? More helicopters and booms, please!

Then I REALLY sat down and watched it about 15 years ago, for the first time, and then realized how seriously screwed up that movie was and glad I didn't absorb it like I absorbed 'Alien' into my nightmares.

Gusington

What you did 15 years ago I just did 3 months back :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 05, 2013, 08:21:19 PM
Dude, it was f'd up the minute FFC dreamed it up.

Or Lucas rather. (They switched movies off with each other.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on November 29, 2013, 04:57:54 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 28, 2013, 09:16:00 PM
For the flight simmers, several of the usual flight sim retailers are having huge sales.  PCPilotshop is having an "up to 60%" sale, including a big sale on Aerosoft products.  I've seen the Feel There E-jets on sale for about 50% off and Airbus X is on sale for about $35.  Also, a bunch of other sites are discounting all sorts of stuff...it's a good time to shop around.

Finally, simMarket has a bundled A2A B377 with Captain of the Ship for just under $50 if you buy them together.  That's about 30-40% off retail.

fyi: JustFlight just started their Christmas sale...

Bummer of a sale.  Why the #@$@ are their digital downloads more expensive than the boxed versions?

Got an email this morning from JustFlight and it looks like they are starting (re-starting?) their Christmas Sale.  Prices look a bit better than the first go-round...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Kind of surprised to see Company of Heroes 2 so cheap already...only $13 at GMG...if you use one of their coupons, can even get cheaper.  I was in the pre-release beta program and paid over $50 for it....didn't like what I saw and got a refund before its official release.  I wonder if it is worth another shot for this cheap price.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/company-heroes-2/

tgb

I've been on the fence on this one - particularly for $60.  What didn't you like about it?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on December 06, 2013, 03:59:27 PM
I've been on the fence on this one - particularly for $60.  What didn't you like about it?

I didn't like some of the gimmics it had like having to keep your soldiers warm by a fire or at times they would die of cold.  I understand that is real life, but for me that was going a little over board on managing my troops.  Granted it is an RTS, but seemed to really be fast paced which I couldn't always keep up with.  I would suspect if you liked COH 1 and can get pass the fire stuff, you probably would like this game, especially for that price.

tgb

Nah, I'm really not a fan of rts, and based on what you said and a couple of videos I watched, I know I'll never play it.