The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 21, 2012, 05:57:13 PM
Had to pick up Dead Island at £10

Great.  Let's get a co-op game going.

@Shelldrake.  Might want to doublecheck the SOTSII price on Steam.  I still see it at $9.99.   The complete pack with SOTSI and II is listed at $19.99

Shelldrake

^Thanks SDR. I didn't realize that I was looking at the Complete Collection. Just purchased SOTS2 for 9.99.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

Finally got all the games downloaded (~5GB all totaled) today.  Downloads did start to slow down around 11am, but were still faster than yesterday.  Victorian Admirals installed OK, no problems, but its the only one I've tried to install so far.

Like I said in the above post, just expect to have to spend some extra time and effort to download everything if you want this bundle....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

LongBlade

Our motto: We See All (Sales)

Due to popular demand this is a thread dedicated to posting sales on stuff. If you find it on sale, post it here.

Periodically we'll try to clean out old/expired offers.

With that, I'm going to circle down this forum and try to ID sales threads and merge them into here.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Arctic Blast

Intrusion 2 is on a Flash deal for another 4 and a half hours. If you enjoyed any of the Metal Slug games, GET THIS. I just spent some time playing it, blasting away at robots from the back of a massive wolf while angry guitar played in the background. It's like playing an electronic realization of the ridiculous art found on the sides of vans in the early 80's.

Edit : More Intrusion 2. I blew up a giant version of a Halo dropship, only this was armed with a chin gun AND dropping troops AND flailing at me with giant robo arms. It finally explodes, and now I'm riding a piece of the wreckage down a snowy mountain firing at ninjas armed with rocket launchers. If I need to explain to you why this is cool, you might want to look in to getting replacement balls.

Also, Mass Effect 3 is 60% off at Green Man Gaming. Add on the 20% off code they have on the front page of the site, and the game's $9.60. Plug it in to Origin and you're good to go. GMG have also pre-announced that a bunch of other games will be marked way down, including Skyrim and Dishonored at 50% off at some point.

Toonces

Ok, I don't like that you combined all the threads...I like to see the Steam sales separate.

But anyway, I bought Operation Flashpoint Complete for $15 on Steam.  Unfortunately, by the time most of you read this the sale will be over.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tpek

Is it just me or today's deals are more or less the same as yesterday?

TheCommandTent

Picked up some CKII DLC that was on sale.

And I finally bite the bullet and bought Sword of the Stars II not sure when I'll have time to start this one but I got it anyone.  Maybe I should wait until the upcoming patch?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on November 22, 2012, 10:27:55 AM
Is it just me or today's deals are more or less the same as yesterday?

The new dailies won't be up for a couple of hours yet on Steam.

steve58

Yup, I believe they switch over at 1pm ET...other than the Flash deals that is...

Tpek

The counter said there was still a day to go and more. (26 hours)

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on November 22, 2012, 01:06:09 AM
Ok, I don't like that you combined all the threads...I like to see the Steam sales separate.

Sorry - I tried to keep the thread titles the same, but it looks as though at least one of the merges has been overwritten.

I agree this isn't as clean as I had hoped. It may speak to creating a separate forum rather than a single thread.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on November 22, 2012, 12:19:58 PM
The counter said there was still a day to go and more. (26 hours)

They last for 2 days, but there's a new set every 24 hours. So you get overlap.

New dailies are up :

-Awesomenauts 66% off - $3.39
-Portal 2 75% off - $4.99
-ArmA II Combined Operations (includes ArmA II & Operation Arrowhead expansion) 50% off - $14.99
-Max Payne 3 75% off - $14.99 All DLC and Rockstar Season Pass 75% off as well
-Prototype 2 50% off - $19.99
-Sleeping Dogs 50% off - $24.99

Yesterday's are still rolling for another 24 hours, too.

And on Gamersgate :

-Swords & Soldiers 75% off - $2.49
-Batman : Arkham Asylum GoTY Edition 75% off - $4.99
-Just Cause 2 Complete Edition 75% off - $6.25
-Alan Wake 75% off - $8.98

Max Payne 3 for me. Everything else I either own already or am not really interested in.

panzerde

Just picked up an expansion to Field of Glory since Matrix/Slitherine has them on sale, and, as usual, their Plimus storefront seems to have screwed it up.  The expansion should have been $7.00 but my receipt says I was charged the regular price of $12.99.

Something like this seems to happen every single time I order from Matrix.  I do love their games, but Plimus is a disaster.  I was planning on purchasing several other titles during the sale but I'm not going to now.  There are some games I'd like to get from Steam and GamersGate, so my money will go there, instead.  It's too bad; I'd have finished up my Field of Glory collection and almost certainly picked up Panzer Command: Ost Front and War it the Pacific: Admiral's Edition.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres