The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I just saw that Steam has Iron Front on sale for $15.  Not sure if it's worth picking up unless some of you guys either have it, or want to buy it too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/

Edit: man alive, it's getting crushed in the forums on Steam.  I believe I'll take a pass this time around.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

I would take anything said in the steam forums with a grain of salt.  It's a step up from the gamepot forums, which as you know, is a complete zoo for Pre-pubescent idiots.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

eyebiter

Amazon has Civ V GOTY for $12.49 and CIV V Gods & Kings for $7.49. 

It's sold as the MAC version, when you activate the key on Steam the PC version downloads.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Toonces on November 22, 2012, 08:35:03 PM
I just saw that Steam has Iron Front on sale for $15.  Not sure if it's worth picking up unless some of you guys either have it, or want to buy it too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/

Edit: man alive, it's getting crushed in the forums on Steam.  I believe I'll take a pass this time around.

The single player portion of the game is poor.  It's got a lot of the usual AI wonkiness that you've come to expect from an ArmA game and some truly atrocious grammar and spelling.  Both Soviet and German campaigns have some really ridiculous mission goals that might work in a more forgiving run-and-gun shooter like Medal of Honor, but are unrealistic in an ArmA type game and you have to resort to a lot of quicksave/loads and gamey tactics to beat them.

The multiplayer is great though.  The maps are very well done and there are a tonne of scenarios to play (some are still bugged though).  Co-op is currently better than PvP because there's a graphical bug that makes the Soviet soldiers' faces glow orange once they're out past 30 metres or so.  It's merely off-putting on dayllight maps but doesn't really affect play that much (unless the Russkie is hiding in a dark building) but on the night missions, the faces glow like lanterns.

It has been fixed for the next patch but the patch keeps getting delayed.  The devs say the patch is ready to go but they're waiting on BIS to release the 1.63 patch for ArmA II before they release the Iron Front patch.  As Iron Front is a stand alone game, I don't really know why they're waiting.  Perhaps there will be some fixed in the AmrA 1.63 patch that the Iron Front devs want access to?

Toonces

Good feedback.

I already have RO1 and RO2, and they're both great games so I'm not sure what IF will bring to my gaming table that I don't already have.  I mean, I'm really not all that into WW2 FPS games anyway, but for $15 you know, it's hard to say no.

Changing the subject to Matrix's sale, I think this will finally be the year I pull the trigger on Empires in Arms.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Anyone up for Primal Carnage?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215470/

I watched some gameplay...it's basically L4D2 with dinosaurs...sort of a L4D2 version of Jurassic Park.  Looks fairly simple, but the players take teams, one hunters and one dinosaurs.

I'd like to get this, but only if like a handful of you guys want to get in on it.

Grim.Reaper

I remember people talking about Dishonored awhile back....currently 75% off (with code) at Greenman Gaming.....comes out to $22 USD.  Seems like a great deal.....anybody care to share their thoughts on it if you have played it?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/dishonored/

steve58

Getgamesgo is having a Buy 2 for $15 Sale for the next 72 hours

• LEGO Batman 2
  • Serious Sam 3 BFE Seriously Digital Edition
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V GOTY Edition
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings
  • Binary Domain
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Looks like they are all Steam games except LEGO Batman 2...

...must've run out of keys for God+Kings..
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Zulu1966

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2012, 05:19:27 AM
I remember people talking about Dishonored awhile back....currently 75% off (with code) at Greenman Gaming.....comes out to $22 USD.  Seems like a great deal.....anybody care to share their thoughts on it if you have played it?

Jeeez ... is it ever worth buying anything at release now ?  Thats only been out a matter of weeks now hasnt it ?  I think its only 50 % of though ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Do 3 others want to split a 4-pack for War of the Roses on Steam?  $12.24 each for today.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 23, 2012, 12:34:59 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2012, 05:19:27 AM

Jeeez ... is it ever worth buying anything at release now ?  Thats only been out a matter of weeks now hasnt it ?  I think its only 50 % of though ?

They have a code at the site that gives you another 25% off anything you buy. Ill be picking it up...if the site doesn't crash. That seems iffy at the moment.  ;D

Daily deals for today :

GAMERSGATE

-Sail Simulator 2010 75% off - $4.99
-Resident Evil 5 66% off - $6.78
-Men of War Assault Squad GoTY Edition 75% off - $9.99
-Darksiders II 66% off - $16.98

STEAM

-Saints Row : The Third 75% off - $9.99  DLC also 75% off
-Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (includes Crysis, Crysis Warhead & Crysis 2) 70% off - $11.99
-War of the Roses 50% off - $14.99
-Farming Simulatr 50% off - $14.99
-Elder Scrolls V : Skyrin 50% off - $29.99 DLC also 50% off
-Transformers : Fall of Cybertron 50% off - $29.99

sandman2575

If anyone is on the fence about some good paradox titles, you can pick up CK2, SOTS2 and a bunch of others cheap at Amazon --

Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 - includes:
1. Crusader Kings II [Download]
2. Magicka Collection [Download]
3. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
4. Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection [Online Game Code]
5. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download]
6. Victoria II [Online Game Code]

and Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99
1. Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
2. Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
3. Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]
4. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]
5. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]
6. Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]
7. Majesty 2 Collection [Online Game Code]
8. Majesty Gold - HD [Online Game Code]
9. Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_pglink_next?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&plgroup=1&plpage=17

Silent Disapproval Robot

Rise of Flight has a 50% off sale on everything but pre orders.  Nov 22-28.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

For those looking to get in on the Grogheads Left 4 Dead 2 action, it's $4.99 for the next 4 hours or so.