The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Bunch of mixed PC/Xbox games on sale for pretty cheap....Diablo 3, Skyrim, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, etc.......and these are for physical copies with free shipping.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/list/ThemeID.27509700/size.48/startIndex.96/ThemeID.27509700/ceid.194394100/categoryID.60911300

Greybriar

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 24, 2012, 05:46:17 AM
Bunch of mixed PC/Xbox games on sale for pretty cheap....Diablo 3, Skyrim, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, etc.......and these are for physical copies with free shipping.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/list/ThemeID.27509700/size.48/startIndex.96/ThemeID.27509700/ceid.194394100/categoryID.60911300

That is a good sale with popular titles going for a fraction of their normal selling price. There's Dead Island or Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine  for $9.99 each, for example.

Thanks for the heads-up, Grim.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

^Too bad most of them seem to be out of stock.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Arctic Blast

Today's dailies :

GAMERSGATE

-Orcs Must Die GoTY Edition 75% off - $3.24
-Fray : Reloaded Edition 75% off - $5
-Gothic Complete Collection 75% off - $6.24
-King's Bounty Platinum Collection 75% off - $8.75

STEAM

-Deus Ex : Human Revolution 75% off - $4.99 
-Mark of the Ninja 50% off - $7.49
-Total War : Shogun 2 66% off - $10.19 
-Chivalry : Medieval Warfare 50% off - $12.49
-F1 2012 50% off - $24.99
-Borderlands 2 50% off - $29.99

Also, Fallen Enchantress is 50% off - $19.99 on a Flash Deal for the next 8 and a half hours.

Arctic Blast

I see Longblade's favorite game EVAR is on sale...might have to pick it up.  ;D

GAMERSGATE

-King Arthur II : The Role Playing Wargame 75% off - $2.49
-Kane & Lynch 2 : Dog Days 70% off - $4.49
-Hearts of Iron 3 Collection 75% off - $7.49
-Prince of Persia Complete Pack 75% off - $14.99

STEAM

-Orcs Must Die 2 75% off - $3.74 
-Sonic Generations 75% off - $7.49 
-Batman : Arkham City GoTY Edition 75% off - $7.49
-Civilization V 75% off - $7.49
-Torchlight II 50% off - $9.99
-Dishonored 50% off - $29.99

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 25, 2012, 02:37:44 PM

STEAM

Don't even hesitate.

I play that game when I don't want any heavy lifting. Just to relax and unwind.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion for $13.59 Flash sale for the next 11 hours or so...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204880/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: LongBlade on November 25, 2012, 05:36:52 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 25, 2012, 02:37:44 PM

STEAM

Don't even hesitate.

I play that game when I don't want any heavy lifting. Just to relax and unwind.

Snagged it...and Lego Batman 2...and Civ V : Gods & Kings (which I could gave sworn I already owned).

JasonPratt

Even though I spent most of the weekend playing XCOM (with a bit of upkeep on my Great Invasions campaign), I managed to snag some of the deals.

I missed the 50% Fallen Enchantress flash sale, but picked it up on regular sale.
Got the whole Orcs Must Die collection ridiculously cheap. Also Bastion. (I kept waiting for those to be ported to PS3, but they'll run on my old PC system and the price was too good to miss.)
Took a gamble on Two Worlds Epic--the first game plus expansions. (The sequel won't run on my system, but I can get that for PS3.) Looks ugly, but I may get some play out of it. Less than a lunch at Subway.
Thief Bundle -- I never got Thief 2, and hopefully this will still work on my system.
Dungeons Gold -- Both of the "Dungeons" games, with expansions, essentially a spiritual remake of Dungeon Keeper but designed more as a tower defense game.
X-Com UFO Defense -- the original, because I have a feeling I'll want to play that once I finish the recent remake. I think I have a copy archived somewhere, but now I know I do.  ;D

I shopped Gamersgate, but their sales were always more expensive than Steam. I did pick up Achtung Panzer: Kharkov.

I came very close to pulling the trigger on one of the Jagged Alliance updates, but the reviews ultimately scared me off. Is JA2Gold any good? (I own JA2 in a used copy bought a few years ago, never installed it.) And/or are there any worthy successors anywhere, or is it like X-com?--plenty of incompetent pretenders to the throne?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Should be the last day of new stuff on Steam, until the Christmas sale anyway :

-Legend of Grimrock 75% off - $3.75
-Castle Crashers 67% off - $4.99
-Counter Strike : Global Offensive 50% off - $7.49
-The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition 75% off - $7.49
-Alan Wake Franchise 75% off - $9.99
-Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 50% off - $29.99

I think this just rolls in to the Gamersgate holiday sale, so I'd imagine deals keep going there right through the end of the year :

-Deus Ex : Human Revolution 75% off - $4.99  DLC also 75% off
-Total War Shogun 2 : Fall of the Samurai 75% off - $7.49
-Victoria Collection 75% off - $14.99
-War of the Roses 50% off - $15

bayonetbrant

y'all saw that CafePress has a sale going right now, too, didn't you?

Check out the GrogHeads shop on CafePress
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Picked up Counter Strike: Global Offensive to game with a couple college buddies.  Couldn't pass it up for $7.50
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Keunert

^ this was designed with azz in mind? who else would buy this?
how many have been sold yet? lets start a witch hunt.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Sigma One

Hi gents,

For those that own Battle Academy on the iPad, we knocked the expansions down to half off ($4.99) each until December 14!

Greybriar

Those of us living in the U.S. can get a retail boxed copy of Fallout: New Vegas from Newegg for $3.99 and FREE shipping.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.