2015 College Bowl Game Pick 'em

Started by Bison, December 07, 2015, 09:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

OK the Grogheads 2015 College Bowl Game Pick 'em group is setup at yahoo.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl/group/5192/invitation?key=ec310cf8b536d821
group id: 5192
pw: grogfootball

You will be able to make your bowl picks once the bowl schedule is set and yahoo imports it into the fantasy game.

Here's a nice break down of this years bowl games.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ranking-the-bowls-1-40--excluding-the-national-championship---231057782.html

Bison

Reading through that bowl breakdown, I had know idea that so many sub .500 teams are playing in bowl games.  It might be a sign there are too many bowl games.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on December 07, 2015, 09:53:09 PMIt might be a sign there are too many bowl games.

or too many bad teams...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 08, 2015, 07:49:08 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 07, 2015, 09:53:09 PMIt might be a sign there are too many bowl games.

or too many bad teams...

Yeah that's true too.  On the Brightside the State teams benefited from the glut of bowls as both KSU and NC State, both get a bowl game.

bayonetbrant

yes, but my guys got it my actually finishing with a winning record

tho to be fair, if you can't finish with a winning record against that schedule, you don't deserve to be anywhere near a bowl.

Plus, NC State is headed to Charlotte.  Most of the fans are going to commute to the game rather than staying overnight.  I know Charlotte wants a full stadium, but NC St tends to travel very well and I gotta believe another bowl would've liked Wolfpack Nation to come to town.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Hey!  We help Kansas earn an completely defeated season.

State has been pretty horrible all year, but they did put up really good games against TCU and OSU. 

bayonetbrant

OK, my picks are in except for the title game (which you can't seem to pick right now)

I tried to follow my usual rules: 
-- go with the better coach (esp if someone doesn't have a coach)
-- go with the better conference if they finished about the same place
-- go with the smaller conference if there's a big disparity in where they finished in their conferences

and of course, I've never won a bowl pick-'em with those rules  :-\   :2funny:

Bison

Yeah the title game will open once Alabama is eliminated and whoever is in the other playoff game is completed.  I "think" both playoff games are on the 1 January so the championship should be able to be picked by the 2nd.

I've never won either.  I have my theory on who to pick, which generally involves knowledge of mascots and how good the teams were in the 80s.

Bison

Well as it stands right now we all have a 33% change of winning! 

We need more college football watching grogs to sign up and show their predictive powers.

Bison

I just made my picks.  I forecast less than a 50% correct guess ratio.

bayonetbrant

need some advice?
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash--bowl-edition-003253131-ncaaf.html

totally worth reading, if only for the unofficial bowl mottos / subtitles

airboy

I'd like to know how people did. 
Picking the SEC to win and the ACC to lose seems to have been the way to go - again.

We were on a cruise and I've been in the middle of a very hectic consulting and business schedule.  Its all positive (I've already paid for an 11 day cruise to the Baltic this summer in my consulting at the end of the year), but I've put in a ton of work hours from the week before Christmas through January 12 or so.

Bison

It's all pretty close right now.  With 5 bowl games left to play, I'm up with 24 points and then its 22, 21, 21 points.  So its all wide open right now for who will win.

airboy

Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2016, 04:04:11 AM
It's all pretty close right now.  With 5 bowl games left to play, I'm up with 24 points and then its 22, 21, 21 points.  So its all wide open right now for who will win.

What are the standings?  Let us know before the championship.