Main Menu

Sengoku Dynasty

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 09, 2023, 02:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Kind of interesting sounding, being released into Early Access tomorrow.  Like the idea of the time period, but just not sure if the game itself is sounding interesting enough to buy in early.  Same publisher of the Medieval Dynasty game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1702010/Sengoku_Dynasty/

Sengoku Dynasty offers a thrilling multi genre blend of open-world RPG, city builder and life simulation mixed with survival elements. Build up and become the leader of your own Dynasty during the turbulent times of feudal Japan. Play solo or co-op - in first or third person view.

Build a life, cultivate a community and forge your own dynasty in a region once devastated by famine and war. Play solo or in co-op multiplayer and explore a beautiful open world as you gather resources, craft, hunt, build and farm to survive and support your village community. Fight tough enemies, become a great leader, and protect what you've created.

Experience the beauty of nature and take part in ancient rituals to uncover the mysteries of the divine. Sengoku Dynasty offers an immersive insight to life in medieval Japan. Select your path as a Leader, Craftsman, Warrior, or Monk and embark on an epic journey.

DIVERSE BIOMES
Explore forests, mountains, cherry groves, and hot springs - discover a diverse and beautiful world.

POWERED BY UNREAL ENGINE 5
Sengoku Dynasty pushes the boundaries of open-world realism with the graphical capabilities of Unreal.

OPEN WORLD VILLAGE BUILDER
Begin small and expand your settlements into flourishing communities throughout the valley.

DEEP CRAFTING AND BUILDING SYSTEMS
Craft tools, weapons, meals or medicine, and cultivate the land.

MELEE AND RANGED WEAPONS
Safeguard your village and loved ones by mastering weaponry, crafting unique Japanese weapons like Yari (spears), Yumi (bows), and Katanas (swords), among others.

DYNASTY MANAGEMENT
Create a prosperous dynasty for generations to come. Oversee the growth and development of your villages.

PLAY SOLO AND CO-OP
Forge your own path or join forces with your friends to create bigger villages, divide responsibilities and tasks, gather more resources and complete quests and progress together.

FPP AND TPP MODES
Choose between first and third person perspectives to suit your gameplay preferences.

JasonPratt

These devs have been doing a good job upgrading their engine through three games already: I've only played a little of Medieval and it's a LOT better than the prior two games (which had some good things going for them. I beat the 2nd one's story.)

One of the big additions for this will be co-op -- the prior three games have all been single player.

I will DEFINITELY be buying this even in early access. And probably getting around to playing Medieval (more than a few minutes) now that polishing has mostly been done.  :grin:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

Thanks for the heads up. On my wishlist.

JasonPratt

So, did buy it, haven't played yet, but here's the roadmap now that it's in early access:

QuoteFirst - in the next upcoming months:

Starting with the "First Steps", we will be collecting your feedback, tackling bug fixes, and improving quality-of-life. Your voice is pivotal in our decision-making, and we're committed to addressing these concerns. Please use the Steam forums and the Sengoku Dynasty Discord and leave as detailed feedback as you wish!

Moving forward to "Planting Seeds", we're diving into substantial content updates. Expect the introduction of an agriculture system, an entirely new NPC village, and fresh quests. These additions will provide a new depth to the gameplay and its immersion.

Our emphasis on "Personal Growth" reflects our intention to deepen character progression with the introduction of perks, status effects, and an exploration of spirituality, giving you more shrine variety and places of power mechanics rework. This will pave the way for more personalized and strategic gameplay as you advance.

In the "Hero's Journey" phase, we're excited to reveal the addition of a female character and starting character classes. These updates will diversify the character pool and offer new possibilities for gameplay. We know a lot of you are waiting for this, and we want to make it a great and substantial update!

As we look into the Future Focus, combat is set to become more complex, with new weapons, enemies and fighting techniques, and the introduction of randomized events will add an element of unpredictability. Remember - combat will always be optional for players - if you just want to opt-out of it and just build and chill, you can choose to do so! We're also working on an advanced economy, a wider variety of NPCs, and additional options for family interactions and romance to enhance your immersive experience.

Lastly, we'll be expanding the game world with additional map regions (Region 2 and 3), and infusing them with more storylines, villages, and quests to keep your journey engaging. This will effectively first double, then triple the narrative content, as well as add new biomes, production lines and more. We are very excited about this!

The devs tend to have rough early access releases, but they've gotten better over time at continuing development into full release.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

I don't know that I ever posted this video in our Digital AAR threads -- couldn't find it the other day, although I'm pretty sure I posted it somewhere here before -- but here's a 1-hour tour I made of their second game, Lumberjack Dynasty, after I had finished the story mode. This is in full release, and I don't think they added much afterward. Medieval Dynasty, their 3rd game, is a major step up in detail and capabilities (minus things like, y'know, chainsaws {g}).

Sir Slash

You're such a, 'Cut-Up'.  :rolleyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.