The Great Outage of 2020

Started by Jarhead0331, February 06, 2020, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: MengJiao on February 07, 2020, 03:15:46 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 07, 2020, 02:09:29 PM
Anybody else get a 'session validation' error during login forcing you to login a second time?  I also get this error when I log out of grogs.

Nope.  What browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

I'm having a few issues some issues with frames not showing correctly. I might have to update my Netscape Navigator to 2.0 and see if that helps. Might also go up to OS9 as well. Hope my LC II can handle it...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

There are still some underlying issues, I'm sure. This guy that helped us just got us running and updated some software. We really need to make some drastic changes in order to really be where we want to be from a technical standpoint, but now is not the time to do that.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bobarossa

I got the login error yesterday using Firefox.  And what is this "logging out of Grogheads" you speak of?

W8taminute

Quote from: bobarossa on February 08, 2020, 09:05:56 AM
I got the login error yesterday using Firefox.  And what is this "logging out of Grogheads" you speak of?

That is probably why I got the error.  Grogheads was trying to tell me to 'please don't go'.  Because you know, 'girl I love you so'.   ;D

But seriously yesterday and today I have not come across that error so something must have worked itself out on it's own.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Geezer

I've been getting the following error message since the Great Outage: 

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

It only happens when I come to the forums and click on "Mark Read" without actually reading any threads.  If I read even one thread then I can successfully mark the rest as read.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Pete Dero

Quote from: Geezer on February 21, 2020, 01:01:21 PM
click on "Mark Read" without actually reading any threads. 

I'm not sure but I think that is illegal.  When you subscribed you agreed to read all the posts.   :knuppel2: :2funny:.

Jarhead0331

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

It only happens when I come to the forums and click on "Mark Read" without actually reading any threads.  If I read even one thread then I can successfully mark the rest as read.

What browser are you using? We seem to be having some issues with Chrome.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2020, 02:09:16 PM

I seem to get that Session verification failed error only when I try to log onto the site using my workplace computer.  At home I do not have any issues logging into Grogheads.  I use Chrome both at work and at home.  Just another data point to consider...

Geezer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2020, 02:09:16 PM

Chrome.

Edit - Just to reiterate, this never happened even once before the Great Outage.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

airboy

None of the smilies, or text keys (bold, underline, insert picture) work for me now. 
I'm using Microsoft Edge.

Barthheart

Quote from: airboy on February 21, 2020, 04:25:57 PM
None of the smilies, or text keys (bold, underline, insert picture) work for me now. 
I'm using Microsoft Edge.

Same here.

Geezer

;D ;D ;D  They work for me in Chrome.   O0 O0 O0