Grand Tactician, American Civil War

Started by Phantom, May 04, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Patch notes are posted on the next patch which should be available in 5-7 days. It includes adjustments to the UI for widescreens.
Battles:
- AI brigades now use fallbacks if outflanked (not only if morale is low)
- increased melee losses
- reworked retreat mechanism away from the enemy
- broken groups are now not taking offensive actions any more

Campaign:
- fixed too high attrition due to rainfall
- fixed non-disappearing empty units, when moving between hierarchies the moved unit remained - in its old group in the background
- opening a main panel now pauses the game
- fixed: fort engagements with annihilated troops led to disappearing UI panels

Others:
- UI adjustment to fit widescreen resolutions

SirAndrewD

I actually did about a 51 minute first impressions video for this on Youtube, but, well, won't upload.  Stuck constantly at 0% processing no matter what I tried.  So no good things for anyone.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Anguille

Sounds exciting but i am going to wait for the final release, don't have time to play this right now.

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I take back everything bad I've EVER said about you SirAndrew.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bobarossa

Are those regulation Civil War sunglasses and jeans? 

Father Ted

Quote from: devoncop on August 21, 2020, 01:14:00 PM
This is a definite buy for me but I am going to wait either until full release or further through the Early Access process.

I don't want the inevitable bugs and balancing issues to disillusion me so I fail to return to the game when it is more complete.

This is my mature and considered approach.

This is my grand plan

The chances of it surviving first contact with the enemy (in this case a host of gushing reviews from early adopters like Sir Andrew,Arizona Tank and Rayfer above)  are probably not good.

Gentlemen. Consider your responsibilities... ;)

Also my grand plan

JasonPratt

Step 1.) Wait until out of EA.
Step 2.) Spend the money I saved on pre-ordering Iron Harvest.
Step 3.) .....
Step 4.) Profit?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I want to make that above pic of SirAndrew my new avatar but I'm afraid.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Is anyone else finding the UI difficult to navigate around in? 

JasonPratt

Quote from: steve58 on August 22, 2020, 10:48:05 AM
Does that cooler make you a farb?  >:D

It's filled with potted meat and pemmican.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 22, 2020, 01:20:31 PM
I want to make that above pic of SirAndrew my new avatar but I'm afraid.

If you use that one how would you be able to use this one...

SirAndrewD

Toonces

I know one always must take Steam reviews with a large grain of salt, but it sounds like this game needs to cook a bit.  This is certainly an eventual buy, but like Bannerlord I'm thinking letting this simmer a bit isn't necessarily a bad thing.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs