Swift and Shift Couriers

Started by BanzaiCat, July 15, 2016, 05:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Australia  :D

I've had a long day of work and I probably laughed way too much at this short bit, but man I needed this laugh. This series is on Netflix, apparently - I'll have to check it out when there's time.

(fast forward to 3:58)

Nefaro

WTFLOL

Definitely something I'd watch.  O0

Nefaro

Definitely not much of a cerebral comedy, but good vulgarian fun. 

Bonus points for things such as the management asking which "minorities, women, and disabled employees" they have.  Because they need to find someone for a new management position.  ;D

Also enjoyed the episode with "Mario" attempting to deliver the blow-up sex doll.  :2funny:

BanzaiCat

Just wait until Season 2 when the HR manager tells an ethnic employee about "you and your bloody Wog friends"  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

It is SO un-politically correct! This is pretty much how I've experienced blue collar environments to be, constantly ripping jokes like this. I'm just more than amazed they can get away with this in Australia. I mean, it's comedy, so there should be a lot of leeway for this kind of humor. But people here are too afraid of offending anyone, so...

Funny thing is the minorities in this show are the biggest offenders...LOL

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 19, 2016, 02:37:47 PM

It is SO un-politically correct! This is pretty much how I've experienced blue collar environments to be, constantly ripping jokes like this.

Oh, definitely reminds me of my younger years, doing such things at a couple somewhat similar places I'd worked.  All for the sake of vulgar comedy, and making the day go by faster, of course.  >:D

QuoteI'm just more than amazed they can get away with this in Australia. I mean, it's comedy, so there should be a lot of leeway for this kind of humor. But people here are too afraid of offending anyone, so...

Funny thing is the minorities in this show are the biggest offenders...LOL
Definitely un-PC.  Probably a big reason I enjoy it.

Weren't these done about five years ago?  I'd bet it would be axed, or the dialogue greatly changed, if the execs looked at it as a potential new show today.

BanzaiCat

I looked it up on Wiki and I think it said it was on from 2010-2014 or something like that. Four seasons/series. Ish.

Warehouses, the airline ramp, the company where I was a medic - it was all pretty much like S&SC every day. Maybe not that destructive, or drunk, but the rest...yeah pretty much.

I'd love to work with a venemous, angry, loud dwarf. Gus, you free?  >:D

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 19, 2016, 03:20:00 PM

I'd love to work with a venemous, angry, loud dwarf.

That guy's voice is hilarious when he's yelling curses at people.  ;D

Netflix only has the first two seasons available.  :-\