Making History: The Great War to release on Steam Early Access on April 4th

Started by MuzzyDev, March 19, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuzzyDev

Wanna be part of the development process?  Check out our Steam page and don't forget to add us to your wishlist!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/279140/

I can't wait!    :D

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

Enough with the flood of all these games I want!  >:(
There, I feel better. Now when will it be April?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Slick Wilhelm

Ian C

Jarhead0331

Just out of curiosity, and totally for the sake of discussion, why is everyone automatically so excited about this and totally eager to drop their money, and pants, it seems, on this game?  There is no shortage of WWI games out there, like there was a few years ago. Also, I don't remember this kind of excitement over the WWII games in the making history series. Personally, I enjoyed them, but I don't remember them being very popular in our hardcore crowd.

So, what's with the barely contained impatience with this one. What have you read that is making you foam at the mouth?  I am looking forward to it, but I am certainly taking a more wait and see approach to release.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Well for me it's the accessibility and style of the previous games that I am hoping is carried over to this one...I think they will be.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

I very much liked the MH WWII games. And while there may not be a shortage of WWI games, there IS a shortage of WWI grand-strategy, diplomacy, and nation-simulating games (like what MH WWII is). I am going to assume that you could try to play MH WWI without going to war, trying your best to avoid the inevitable conflict. That just is not something you can do in the other WWI games out there, which I feel are mostly good, but tend to play out exactly how the war played out.

That being said, I am weighing whether or not I want to jump in at Early Access. I have a bit of Early Access fatigue and am in no hurry to get more unfinished games.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 20, 2014, 03:40:04 PM
I very much liked the MH WWII games. And while there may not be a shortage of WWI games, there IS a shortage of WWI grand-strategy, diplomacy, and nation-simulating games (like what MH WWII is). I am going to assume that you could try to play MH WWI without going to war, trying your best to avoid the inevitable conflict. That just is not something you can do in the other WWI games out there, which I feel are mostly good, but tend to play out exactly how the war played out.

That being said, I am weighing whether or not I want to jump in at Early Access. I have a bit of Early Access fatigue and am in no hurry to get more unfinished games.

[scratching head]Well, if you don't go to war, how are you simulating WWI?[/scratching head]
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MuzzyDev

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 20, 2014, 06:45:15 AM
Just out of curiosity, and totally for the sake of discussion, why is everyone automatically so excited about this and totally eager to drop their money, and pants, it seems, on this game? 

I think that would require a special controller  ;)
Chris Parsons

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MuzzyDev on March 20, 2014, 03:43:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, and totally for the sake of discussion, why is everyone automatically so excited about this and totally eager to drop their money, and pants, it seems, on this game? 

I think that would require a special controller  ;)

If you offer that "special controller" with the game, sign me up!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MuzzyDev

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 20, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

[scratching head]Well, if you don't go to war, how are you simulating WWI?[/scratching head]

Depends which nation you play.  War is pretty much inevitable, but not being the first one in the pool has its advantages.

Chris--
Chris Parsons

TacticalWargames

Was thinking the same thing. I'm a WW1 obsessive but not sure why this game is going to be any better than WW1Gold or SCTGW. I want to see a in depth grand tactical air warfare game myself set in WW1.

Just out of curiosity, and totally for the sake of discussion, why is everyone automatically so excited about this and totally eager to drop their money, and pants, it seems, on this game?  There is no shortage of WWI games out there, like there was a few years ago. Also, I don't remember this kind of excitement over the WWII games in the making history series. Personally, I enjoyed them, but I don't remember them being very popular in our hardcore crowd.

So, what's with the barely contained impatience with this one. What have you read that is making you foam at the mouth?  I am looking forward to it, but I am certainly taking a more wait and see approach to release.