Grogheads Fantasy Football 2014 Season

Started by Bison, July 14, 2014, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

I'm back and just logged onto Yahoo Sports and am trying to figure out how the heck the keeper player works. Seems to be the topic of the moment, so I'll catch up on my reading  8)

Bison

At some point Friday, I'll be setting up the draft for the pro league.   If there are issues with two keepers needing the same draft round slot, I'll post it here.  Setting the draft for 31 August what's a good time for everyone?  I'm leaning toward 8 PM EST, but open for suggestions.

Rookie League draft will be set on Friday to take place on 30 August, so get your draft rosters complete prior to that date.

BanzaiCat

I have nothing going on Sunday the 31st, so any time is good for me.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 12, 2014, 09:22:37 AM
I have nothing going on Sunday the 31st, so any time is good for me.

Same here.

Marty Ward

I'll probably auto draft so it makes no difference to me.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

I have a draft earlier that day, but should be able to make it that evening.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

I'll be out of town, probably drunk, and auto-drafting...thus giving me a convenient scapegoat if (when?) my team tanks.

BanzaiCat

Hmm...I might auto-draft as well, just because my live drafts tend to be worse. :(

Bison

I enjoy a live draft but I understand if folks just want to auto draft.

MetalDog

I don't.  How can you stand by your teams performance, good OR bad, if you aren't the one who picked it?  It's bad enough there's only eight of us and now we have people who wanna bail because they think the computer can do better?  Wussies!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Because of plausible deniability.

"Well my team was auto-drafted...that's why they suck."

Though I do see your point. I just haven't had time to do a lot of player research.

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

KyzBP

According to yahoo our draft is TODAY at 7PM Eastern.  I'm ready!

Steelgrave

So....apparently we just had our draft?

I'm glad I had my list in, since I had set it up for the rookie league I simply carried it over. I did log on about halfway through the draft and managed to make a few pics of my own before it was over. I'm actually fine with my team, but I'm wondering why the different dates on the draft as well as what happened to the keeper players?

KyzBP

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 14, 2014, 06:28:43 PM
So....apparently we just had our draft?

I'm glad I had my list in, since I had set it up for the rookie league I simply carried it over. I did log on about halfway through the draft and managed to make a few pics of my own before it was over. I'm actually fine with my team, but I'm wondering why the different dates on the draft as well as what happened to the keeper players?

I was wondering about the Keepers as well.   I was really excited because I had some good players that I was really hoping to keep.