What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

In Maine, we call it dubbin' around.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Wey, nah man. Dubbin's the stuff yer clean yer hiking boots with.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Here we don't clean our hiking boots. You hot house flower, you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Redneck question: Why do you need special boots to 'hike' your leg? Can't you do that barefoot?  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

You've been out in the sun without your hat on again, haven't you.

'Clip those corners'

Sir Slash

I always wear my hat out in the sun. It's a nice little tin-foil one with a pointed top. That way it reflects the sun and govt. microwaves at the same time.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
What about gamma rays?

Keep them away from Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds. Just saying...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

That book about Chesty Puller that was recommended recently is a brilliant read.

Sir Slash

I love Gamma Rays. They make you big and strong. And green. Slash Smash! It rhymes.  :clap:

BanzaiCat

Gusington

About to start The Fall of Berlin 1945 by Antony Beevor.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

He's a truly outstanding author.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

Yes - Even the intro, the maps and the abbreviations sections are interesting. I read his Stalingrad about 15 years ago and its one of my favorite all time books. He elicits emotion that other writers can only aspire to. Beevor is right up there with Massie for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus