Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Is it ready yet?  Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?

Is it ready yet?

MC

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 18, 2022, 09:06:50 PM
Is it ready yet?  Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?

Is it ready yet?  NO!!   :'(

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I know those snapshots in b/w weren't supposed to look noirish, but...!  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

The_Admiral

Well I did call it TFA Noire & made a joke about Humphrey Bogart...
Although despite his service & his contribution to the naval genre, most will remember him as a Navy character for that one with ice cream & frozen strawberries, which might seem unfair - but hey, you enter the hall of fame by whichever door they open to you, I suppose ^^

The_Admiral

Ok. There's a steam update incoming, but I don't feel like making you wait too long for the meat proper (nah, I meant the meat of the update Gus, not yours) so, there you go. A longer showcase that starts to look like a game, for a change :)

Cheers!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MC

Wow! To say this looks fantastic would be an understatement. Do you plan on adding zombies?   :idiot2:

Lowenstaat

My first favorite part of the video was the text that faded in at 1:45 https://youtu.be/Es4J8cIRiSE?t=105 describing the player's role in the game.

"As the Flag Officer, you are basically a passenger aboard USS Yorktown. You manage all the ships, aircraft, and men placed under your command."

My second favorite part was the old Microprose styled physical big box graphic that faded in at 10:26 https://youtu.be/Es4J8cIRiSE?t=626 because of nostalgia for their old games like 1942: The Pacific Air War and  Task Force 1942 which were more of aircraft and ship simulators with a bit of added tactical and operational decision making.

Between those two points in the video there's a lot of evidence Drydock Dreams Games are adding in details that I used to imagine in my minds eye when playing those old Microprose games and wishing they were more focused on the command perspective rather than the sim point of view.
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

The_Admiral

Quote from: Lowenstaat on June 30, 2022, 03:55:04 PM
My second favorite part was the old Microprose styled physical big box graphic that faded in at 10:26 https://youtu.be/Es4J8cIRiSE?t=626 because of nostalgia for their old games like 1942: The Pacific Air War and  Task Force 1942 which were more of aircraft and ship simulators with a bit of added tactical and operational decision making.

Between those two points in the video there's a lot of evidence Drydock Dreams Games are adding in details that I used to imagine in my minds eye when playing those old Microprose games and wishing they were more focused on the command perspective rather than the sim point of view.

That I can relate with for sure - that game would not exist if it hadn't been for these two :)
And the box thing will be addressed all in due time, hopefully rather sooner than later by now!

Thank you all for your kind words, for your support - and your valiant patience too of course ^^