Main Menu

Knights of Honor

Started by DennisS, October 31, 2014, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

I had 20 bucks, and a need for a new game, and a Steam account.

Nice combination!

I went looking under strategy games, and found Knights of Honor.

Not super complex, but for a Paradox game, very accessible, and with a nice bit of randomization thrown in, at game start.

Huw the Poo

Huh?  Paradox?  When and how did that happen?  I thought it was published by Sunflowers Interactive who were later acquired by Ubisoft?

Ubercat

You paid $20 for it? That was a reasonable price 5 years ago. Now, not so much.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Greybriar

You might want the "No Intro Fix" for Knights of Honor. It can be found here, along with the Holy Rome mod. I wish I had downloaded (or at least bookmarked) all the popular mods for Knights of Honor using the links on the Black Seas forums before they went down.

Although $20 may be a bit too much to pay for it these days, my guess is that you will get your money's worth from it.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

DennisS

I didn't pay 20 dollars..I said I had twenty to spend. I paid $10, and I think that's just about right.

Pretty good game. I started as the north of Scotland, and I have taken the British Isles, and the Normandy coast.

If anything, I have too much money. Instead of getting money from merchants, I should be trading for the goods I need to get the kingdom modifiers.

This will likely keep my interest for a couple of weeks. I can easily see myself completing several campaigns with this.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Holy cow...didn't think this aar would still be read and remembered  8)

The game is not from paradox but was done by black sea studios ( some started first at Haemimont games with Tsar). It was first published by Sunflowers Entertainment.

Great game...enjoy  ;)

bbmike

Awesome game, still worth $20 IMO.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

Since there was some interest in this title recently, though some might be interested that its on sale at Bundle Stars for $2 for the next ~3 days...(and its a Steam key)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Oh snap...maybe I should give it another try. Can't go wrong for that price.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

I just spotted Knights of Honor on sale at Steam for $2.49 U.S. I tried to compare prices at GamersGate and GOG but neither site had it.

The sale ends in about a day and a half so if you want it, don't put buying it off too long.