Main Menu

Pavlov's House

Started by GroggyGrognard, February 03, 2021, 10:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroggyGrognard

Hello Grogs,

Yes, I'm back.

No, I will not be wandering over to R&P forum since that place is a rhetorical minefield that slaughters everyone in its path.

Anyway, a digital version of DVG's Pavlov's House is scheduled to be released this month on Steam, Mac, and iPad. I've always been intrigued by this wargame and have read good things about it, but never got around to purchasing a copy.
Bookmark Games other game, Assault on Arnhem, that came out on Steam a few years back didn't receive fantastic reviews. So, hopefully Pavlov's House is a decent digital adaptation. At least it looks promising.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1531040/Pavlovs_House/

https://www.wargamer.com/pavlovs-house/digital-version-release

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Sir Slash

Welcome back Groggy. That game looks interesting.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Looking forward to it, I own the board game but never got around to putting on the table:). Also own the other game if castle itter, same story but hope it goes digital too.  Both usually get high grades by people who have played it.

demjansk1942

Hi guys,  I have the game on my table and after watching a few videos and a good rule book,  it also has good player cards to help.  I am in my second game and only go to the rule book a few times.  Rough Swordsman has some good videos on YouTube.  I actually feel that you do make a lot of decisions.  I am not sure I will by right away since I have the board game.

Grim.Reaper

Although not released yet, but still planned for February......cost is expected to be $8.99 for Steam and iPad versions.

JasonPratt

I'm always glad to see a DVG game adapted for digital! (Though the attempts so far have been mixed in quality results at best.)

Relatedly, Aces High: Lock On was just ported officially to Tabletop Simulator and I snapped that up immediately.

Isn't there another game called Pavlov recently.... ah, yes, the VR shooter, which just got an update for WW2, which should now allow the fighting around "Pavlov's House"! A friend of mine was telling me about this (since he got a used Occulus for Christmas or something like that), and I was interested whether it was named after and thus took place at "Pavlov's House" in Stalingrad, and of course being young he had no idea.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Sounds like feb 26 is planned release date

demjansk1942

This is a real good solitaire game.  I win when I play now but the computer version might be great for those who might want to try a possible board game on the computer

Grim.Reaper

Destraex

Seems to be the right price. Nice.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Philippe

How does it compare to the TableTop Simulator version ?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Boggit

If you're interested this is a very good history on the battle. Ironically it seems Pavlov wasn't in the battle too long, but got credit anyway...

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Philippe on February 26, 2021, 10:05:17 AM
How does it compare to the TableTop Simulator version ?

I am not a TTS player, but doesn't that just let you setup the game and basically run it as a desktop version of the boardgame where you have to enforce the rules and such?  The computer game seems to handle all the rules and actions of your solitaire opponent.  Also has a tutorial built in with a number of help screens which may make it easier for a newer player.

Since so cheap, I plan to just use it to help me learn the game and then I plan to play the actual board game, which I bought some time ago....

demjansk1942

Good group to help on bgg, let me know if you need anything, good game