The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

They...they aren't all water proof? Asking for a friend.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Ewww. You, sorry, your....friend.......may need to seek expert advice.

...where is Star when you need him?..............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

trailrunner

It peaked about 95 F in the DC area today.  I played 1.5 hours of tennis, starting about 1130.  No shade on the court, so it was pretty toasty.

Gusington

I ran today before it topped out at about 93 and it still wiped me out. Yesterday too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

I finished putting the rest of the window AC units in and when I started them up I promptly popped a breaker. They are not large units and I've always been able to run them together until now so either one of them is going bad or the breaker is. End result is that only my kids will have AC in their rooms tonight. Me, not so much.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I'm looking into a window unit for my office over the garage.  The existing 'big' unit has the wrong thermal exchanger on it, and it's going to cost less to put in a window unit myself than to have a pro come in and fix the other one
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Gusington

'Wing you better be sleeping in one of the kid's rooms, then.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'm not sure we've cracked 95F yet, but the humidity has been murderous.  :buck2:

I desperately wish we lived in the Smokies. West TN is just the pits sometimes (usually).

Bro and his family will be traveling this week to Cologne (Germany) for a couple of weeks (via Brussels), with a four-night extension to Paris. Super jealous!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

It's 94 here now with 56% humidity. I came back in to the house around 930 this morning and haven't left it since then, but The Wife is making me leave later for dinner :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Made it to about 86 here with 64% humidity. It's much worse south and west of Portland.