Tally Ho Corner - Tim Stone's new column

Started by al_infierno, January 02, 2021, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellfish6

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2021, 09:15:17 PM
Not only do they shove their social virtue down everyone's throat, but I've never liked their reviews. Most of their writers think they are far more clever than they actually are and they can't  just write a succinct and clear piece. I often find myself wondering what exactly it is that the writer is trying to say and I can't count the times I read a review and couldn't figure out for the life of me what the author thought of the game.

This. It's empty cheekiness most of the time.

Toonces

Interesting.  I'll keep my eye out for that next time I'm over there.

I liked the Wot I Think articles, I think...it's been a while.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

salazarus

The Flare Path was the only column I've read on RPS. I don't find their reviews helpful. They are usually bloated and not very informative. They lack details about game mechanics, comparisons to similar games, gameplay details, etc. I find posts here more informative than their reviews. I'm also not interested in their political views. Game journalists should focus on games. I don't need politics in my entertainment. There is enough politics everywhere else.

The_Admiral

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on January 05, 2021, 10:07:27 AM
Incidentally, is Tim planning on actually talking about games in his new blog?

Good old Friday piece is incoming, well, this Friday, but shhh I told you nothing  ^-^

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: The_Admiral on January 06, 2021, 08:27:31 AM

Good old Friday piece is incoming, well, this Friday, but shhh I told you nothing  ^-^

Sweet. I'm grateful to whoever told me that. ;-)

Gusington

I will make sure to visit Tally Ho every Friday in a web of anonymity. Don't tell anyone :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Your secret's safe with this bunch. I mean, your secret's safe with THIS bunch?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

fran

Quote from: The_Admiral on January 06, 2021, 08:27:31 AM

Looking forward to it  O0