COD: Infinite Warfare and Titanfall 2

Started by Jarhead0331, November 05, 2016, 10:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 09, 2016, 12:16:44 PM
Damn...couldn't help myself  :-\

Wow, really thought you had a chance to hold off on this one:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Sorry boys. I'm a weak sob.

But Modern Warfare was the ultimate in FPS experience for me. There have been some great games since but it just had everything - the different stories, great missions, feel for the characters.

I wasn't going to hold off for long...maybe a month. It's not like it was going to be any cheaper by the time I actually made the buy.

It was just too much.

And the remastered is exactly what JH said. It looks fantastic. Just playing the first SAS mission has really thrown me back - but in a game that looks damn good.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Bloody hell...the campaign for IW started off fantastic

Thank you JH for feeding the info through :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

sandman2575

Wow -- I kind of wish they'd release Modern Warfare remastered as a stand-alone. Not sure I'm too keen on the sci-fi vibe of IW, but man I'd be happy to dive back into MW, assuming it were priced below standard AAA $60 titles these days.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 10, 2016, 02:59:14 PM
Bloody hell...the campaign for IW started off fantastic

Thank you JH for feeding the info through :notworthy:

My pleasure! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. In my opinion it stays very fun and exciting throughout.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Don't watch if you want to play and start from the beginning of Infinite Warfare and don't want to know anything of the early intro part of the game

This is the intro, the first mission and a bit more of an intro

I'm blown away with the graphics  O0 Immersion is definitely there so far and it seems to be shaping up to be a great story.

My machine is showing it's age - but I don't have much at all turned down.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

I'm right in the middle of IW right now and love it. The only issue is some of the cut scene audio gets garbled. That's annoying, but the rest of the game is just great, jibing with what everyone has said (18 months ago) above. So thanks all! Continuing my tradition of getting to the game party really, really late, I would like to grab Titanfall 2 still...19.99 on Origin right now. I know it has been as low as 8.00, but the ravings above sound like it's definitely worth 20.00. So I am resuscitating this thread to see if you all still are in love with Titanfall 2.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on February 18, 2018, 06:17:24 PM
I'm right in the middle of IW right now and love it. The only issue is some of the cut scene audio gets garbled. That's annoying, but the rest of the game is just great, jibing with what everyone has said (18 months ago) above. So thanks all! Continuing my tradition of getting to the game party really, really late, I would like to grab Titanfall 2 still...19.99 on Origin right now. I know it has been as low as 8.00, but the ravings above sound like it's definitely worth 20.00. So I am resuscitating this thread to see if you all still are in love with Titanfall 2.
I loved Titanfall 2.

I've played it through at least twice and I started playing it for a third time a week or so ago.

It's quite short - but what's there is a rollercoaster of fun and engaging gameplay. I highly recommend it. It was well worth the full price imo.

If it's on sale grab it.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I've been watching tons of videos comparing Call of Duty Black Ops 3 with Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare. Most people claim BLOPs 3 is the best, followed by AW followed by IW, which receives the most hate. I can honestly state that I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I perceive very little difference between the three in gameplay. True, I'm predominantly a single player, but the action, the weapons, the movement, it all seems mostly the same to me. I really enjoyed the SP campaigns in AW and IW...I honestly do not remember the campaign in BLOPs 3, but perhaps that is a statement in and of itself.

Anyway, I think the moral of the story is that when it comes to figuring out whether you will like these games, or not...you really just need to play them for yourself, or listen to like-minded gamers. For the most part, I think the COD community is extremely immature (even the older gamers in the crowd) and they just have different expectations of what does and does not make for a good game. Its crazy how vocally divisive and negative the community can be, while still helping the franchise earn hundreds of millions of dollars. The last 3 CODs are still top sellers on steam...go figure.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Gonna pick up Titanfall 2 later today...if it takes you guys between 10-20 hours to play it will take me 25, and for 20.00 bucks that's a no brainer.

Still loving IW too btw.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd