Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I figure the black smoke was because they switched her to coal.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Nice bow art on Dragon

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

QuoteRussian media crowed abut the strength of their fleet. Military expert Alexander Khrolenko said: 'While the North Atlantic bloc is stalling in the sands of the Middle East, the Russian Navy seizes control over the Atlantic, not to mention the Mediterranean and Black Seas.'

He added: 'They [NATO] have no equal in the Mediterranean.'

:2funny:  :idiot2:  :uglystupid2:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

That guy is smoking some serious shit.

mirth

besilarius

The dual purpose 6" guns on Worcester were amazing.
During a battle efficiency test, the staff took the ship's rating down because the 5" guns never opened fire.
The XO stood up and said, "The drones never got through the 6 inchers, to get into the 5" range."
Staff pukes never change.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_6-47DP_mk16.php
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

Pics of USS Eaton (DD-510) and USS Wisconsin (BB-64) after their collision

mirth

QuoteBattleship France, last ship of the Courbet-class battleships, the first dreadnoughts built for the French Navy, in 1914.

mirth

QuoteHMS Albion leading HMS Ark Royal out of Gibraltar Harbour at the end of a visit. Sea Hawk aircraft are seen parked on the deck of Ark Royal. 21st October 1957.

mirth

mirth

mirth

QuoteThe unfinished Italian aircraft carrier "Aquila" tied up at La Spezia sometime following Italy's surrender

mirth

QuoteUSS Enterprise (CVAN-65), showing the crew fighting a fire on the flight deck that occurred as the carrier was conducting air operations near Hawaii. The fire started when a Zuni rocket accidentally exploded under the wing of an F-4J Phantom II 14 January 1969

http://www.insensitivemunitions.org/history/the-uss-enterprise-cvan-65-fire-and-munition-explosions/

mirth

QuoteUSS Alabama (BB-60) shortly before being commissioned, July 1942

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 30, 2016, 10:07:20 AM

Looks like the Russians could use a few thousand gallons of Naval Jelly.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys