Main Menu

Enter Friday

Started by Anguille, December 03, 2021, 05:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I suppose any album is better than none...except in U2's case. But again...I digress.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Still trucking along with GR: Breakpoint, but in true-to-form-fashion, I've just gone back and started the whole main storyline over again with another character - BUT - with a lot of the fiddly HUD whatnot turned off from before and with amped up enemies which, in turn, makes it much, much more nail-biting.  Think I'll be with this game for a bit more, so big ups, Ubi.

Re: Metal.  Am digging "stoner/doom/sludge/drone rock," for all my relaxed metal needs as of late.  Otherwise, will crank my Lamb of God et al.  And, to be that guy, I unabashedly like Ghost too.

So, pee on Metallica.  Only good group to stand the test of time is Iron Maiden. 

Destraex

My staple has been Star Citizen for the last week and will probably continue to be so for some time.
Company of Heroes 3 multiplayer alpha week is another I have been playing

I am excited for the new il2 Tanks (STug and Churchill) that are on pre-order offer, not biting until I know whether new infantry mechanics promised are actually coming...ok I know I will bite anyways. That was the big news for the week really.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on December 03, 2021, 05:01:25 PM
I suppose any album is better than none...except in U2's case. But again...I digress.
:DD

al_infierno

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 03, 2021, 09:03:57 PM
Re: Metal.  Am digging "stoner/doom/sludge/drone rock," for all my relaxed metal needs as of late.  Otherwise, will crank my Lamb of God et al.  And, to be that guy, I unabashedly like Ghost too.

So, pee on Metallica.  Only good group to stand the test of time is Iron Maiden.

Judas Priest tho.  Firepower was actually a damn good album.

By the way, if you like sludgy droney stoner doom, you should absolutely check out Ride for Revenge.  They're basically what happens if you take Finnish black metal and meld it with sludge/doom.  One of my favorites when I'm excessively drunk or high.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: al_infierno on December 04, 2021, 03:59:18 AM
By the way, if you like sludgy droney stoner doom, you should absolutely check out Ride for Revenge.  They're basically what happens if you take Finnish black metal and meld it with sludge/doom.  One of my favorites when I'm excessively drunk or high.

Oh, hell yes!  Thank you!

jamus34

Getting back to the music debate I try to see both sides of the discussion. Trying to change your sound may consider you to be "selling out" to the long term fans but music genres really only have about a 8-10 yr window before fading out to niche. For example, disco in the mid to late 70's, new wave in the early 80's, hair metal through the 80's, grunge in the early 90's. I can't blame a band for trying to stay popularly relevant but if the sound changes too much I can easily walk away.

Aerosmith was successful in bringing a new generation of fans but I hated pretty much everything they did after pump. The Rolling Stones really just wanted to be a blues rock band but success was not in that direction.

But I do agree that what Metallica was died with Clint on that bus.

Anyway, I kinda got hooked on Loop Hero, also want to spend more time with Inscryption and I started a new Oxygen Not Included map. Maybe some Cyberpunk if I can find a solid chunk of time
Insert witty comment here.

Fetrik

Quote from: jamus34 on December 04, 2021, 11:28:20 AM

But I do agree that what Metallica was died with Clint on that bus.

My opinion as well.
I saw them in Lund a day or before the accident. Cliff played a amazing bass solo. James had a busted arm and only played a couple of songs, they had a backup guitar player.

The only game i played recently is Battle brothers and the campaign(s) continues.

Gusington

One band that has stood the test of time is Nine Inch Nails. They are as great today as they were in 1990. Trent Reznor is a rock god.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Went Clint died on the bus, I ditched metal all together and went punk rock and never looked back.  Black Flag nervous breakdown is my timeless masterpiece.