Hex! Discord Server - join us there!

Started by Telemecus, September 12, 2019, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telemecus

I have to say thanks to Grogheads for opening a sub-section for us on the Grogheads forums. I suppose the return compliment is to say you are welcome and invited to our Discord server. Here is the link, hope to see you there too

https://discord.gg/fatMgwU

For those who do not know it is a Discord server for people interested in Grognard Games. There is a heavy bias in Hex! towards Gary Grigsby titles like War in the East and War in the Pacific, but active channels on many other titles too. I am one of the old timers now trying to get into Vassal to get back into the board games I played so long ago.

And for those who do not know Discord, think of it as instant chat with whistles added on. There are channels for q-and-a and help with titles, and quite a bit of off-topic chat. There are many private channels which members can request for each game they play so that they can display what is happening in a game and discuss it with observers while in action. One guy was using Discord as his Before the Action Report and forums for his After Action Report. Although it is an English language discord we are partnering up with similar servers in China, Korea and so on to try to find opponents and exchange tactics and information with groups who do not normally interact because of the language barrier but which tools in Discord are allowing us to overcome.

Although Discord is great for chewing the fat and debates, it is not so good for storing the knowledge and information. For that forums are still needed - and hence the request for a place in Grogheads for that. But my hope is that will be used by everybody in Grogheads and not seen as a place just for the Discord members. And now we have a place we can use as forums, I will be encouraging the several hundred members of Hex! to be joining Grogheads too!

Jarhead0331

We're happy to host your group. One and all are welcome!  O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18