Main Menu

Slay The Spire

Started by Nefaro, November 15, 2017, 02:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Deck-building roguelike just released in Early Access on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/

That's my kinda bag, baby.  Very tabletop-ish + rogue-ish.

May wait a bit while it's still in EA.  Mebbe.  Looks pretty much finished, judging by a vid of the PC play.

spelk

Ugghhh, those hideous graphics!!!

They're just not ASCII enough ;)  >:D

[spoiler]Thanks for the heads up Nef, I'll give it a look-see[/spoiler]

Capn Darwin

Going to play it this evening a bit.  :bd:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Nefaro

Quote from: spelk on November 15, 2017, 03:24:23 PM
Ugghhh, those hideous graphics!!!

They're just not ASCII enough ;)  >:D

:2funny:

*cringes @ ASCII*

Nefaro

Quote from: Capn Darwin on November 15, 2017, 04:54:54 PM
Going to play it this evening a bit.  :bd:

Sooooo...

Is it stable?

Capn Darwin

Fun, stable, a nice little game with some good potential. Really enjoying it when I get a bit of time to play.

Nefaro

>> creeps closer to the 'Purchase' button <<

Capn Darwin

Ubercat

I actually just beat this. It certainly took enough tries but I think it was worth it.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

jamus34

Quote from: Ubercat on January 16, 2018, 10:39:13 AM
I actually just beat this. It certainly took enough tries but I think it was worth it.

Thread ressurectus

Got this on the most recent Humble Monthly deal. Great game. Not sure if they toned down the difficulty or I got really lucky but I beat it on my second run through. Great game so far, I've put about 3 hours into 2 runs. Just the right balance of opportunity vs difficulty vs "one more turn" feeling
Insert witty comment here.

FarAway Sooner

I was sorely tempted to get it on sale a week or two back, but I still haven't finished giving Monster Slayers a full run for the money.  It's got a very similar premise, and I LOVE that game.  Great beer & pretzels mechanics, but with some deep strategy as you develop your "campaign buffs" after every successful mission.

CptHowdy

not sure you can say you beat the game unless you went through all 20 ascension levels which means every time you "beat" the spire then you start over and certain modifiers get added to the spire like more elite enemies, enemies with better skills, etc... you can also do the daily challenges and do custom spire runs where you set your own parameters. Also have 3 different characters to do this with so lots of playtime to be had. steam says i have 63 hours in the game but i havent played it in about a year. i would recommend. lots of workshop stuff as well but havent tried any of it.

FlickJax

I only bought last week, but already enjoying it, all about the right deck :)

jamus34

Quote from: CptHowdy on August 14, 2019, 01:36:04 AM
not sure you can say you beat the game unless you went through all 20 ascension levels which means every time you "beat" the spire then you start over and certain modifiers get added to the spire like more elite enemies, enemies with better skills, etc... you can also do the daily challenges and do custom spire runs where you set your own parameters. Also have 3 different characters to do this with so lots of playtime to be had. steam says i have 63 hours in the game but i havent played it in about a year. i would recommend. lots of workshop stuff as well but havent tried any of it.

True. Meant I beat a run.

Just meant from what I was reading there were players that were over 10 runs in and hadn't done it yet.

Insert witty comment here.